Echo tuning screwdriver

Shane

I've noticed on some web sites that Echo sell a Tuning screwdriver which cost about £50!

What is it? and do you NEED if if you run an echo saw?

If you do need it it makes the saws a bit less competitively priced.

Only asking cos I'm thinking of getting a 360 at some point.

Its probably an over extortionatly priced screwdriver at the end of the day.

Recently manufactuers are changing the mixture screws on the carbs from the normal slot head screw to ones which are shaped so require a dedicated screwdriver to adjust. Chances are you will be able to get an aftermarket one from somewhere like garden hire spares etc.

All you need to do is look at the side of the carb and determine what shape screw it is. Theres various splines, oval, pacman shaped etc etc.

I think the echos usually just use the D shape version but I would wait until you know for sure whats on your saw.

Now if your a real tight ar*e sometimes you can just push a bit of rubber pipe snuggly on them and adjust or usually the nib end of a felt tip pen tube can be pushed over it to adjust.

There are ways and various methods of madness....

I've noticed on some web sites that Echo sell a Tuning screwdriver which cost about £50!

What is it? and do you NEED if if you run an echo saw?

If you do need it it makes the saws a bit less competitively priced.

Only asking cos I'm thinking of getting a 360 at some point.

Hey Shane if you are thinking of getting a CS360TES you wont need a tuning screwdriver as the one I bought was ready to go straight out of the box! just got better and better as it bedded in over a few weeks use, cracking saw proper Japanese Karma in these

Hey Shane if you are thinking of getting a CS360TES you wont need a tuning screwdriver as the one I bought was ready to go straight out of the box! just got better and better as it bedded in over a few weeks use, cracking saw proper Japanese Karma in these

ya mine was the same when i bought it last summer. apparently you can really open them up and make 'em fly!