micro chipper small chipper suggestion

mitchel

First time I used one was on a garden clearance, lots of brush, shrubs and small trees..

I was amazed how it chomped its way through everything..

I've used them for years but mainly hired them in...

They have their place- they are not snarling wood chippers for demolishing branches all day every day.. For if you want that buy a chipper!

But they are excellent for shrubs and hedge cuttings, some branches go through them great...

Shredders are good for any green waste..

Chippers are more designed for wood..

Some cheap second hand ones out there too, most of the old ones the exit for the waste is directed towards the ground so a sturdy tarp is needed to transfer to a bin or trailer.

Good luck 👍

I've been mulling over an Eliet Major for a while now. I currently run a 4" towed gravity feed machine but find it's a bit hard work with big wood and a bit hard work with hedge cuttings. I've got a lad who hires me in to shred waste every time he gets a big job on and it's usually all stuff that's been hand pruned, roses, viburnum etc. I'm now thinking a pto machine for the mog and something like the Eliet would do me well.

Does anyone use an Eliet minor? It's a big cost saving new and the maximum diameter isn't that much smaller. It's just how fast it pulls things through that I'm worried about. Obviously bigger is better, but how much better?!

The issue with the minor, is how wide the chute is, its a lot narrower than the one on the major, & would only be for occasional use by say a domestic user, so you are very limited as to what it will take.

The major will take a huge amount of stuff at one time, just cram it in & eventualy it will go through. I've stalled mine on arms full of yew clippings, so I just steadily feed the dense stuff like that in, & it works great.

I paid £2600 for mine direct from the importers, as I told them I wouldn't deal with the local dealers, who are Henton & Chattel, who in my opinion are not competent.

When I told them this, they arranged for H&C to come out & see me when the chipper was deliverd, & to prove my point, they never turned up !.

Being realy happy with the 4s, I've started wondering how good the next one up must be, but at about £5000 there's a lot of competition out there.

Rob

A prof 5 is a lot better than a major imo. You can also get it as a road tow but I'm not sure on the price difference.

Your are probably right, certainly on paper it looks it, & I like the look of it !.

However its a lot heavier, twice the price, & for me I'd want it to either go in my trailer or the back of the van, so trailer mounted wouldn't work for me, at the moment, but they've thought it through & offer loads of different options on it. Its the next step up, i'll have to see how business goes, but its new lawnmowers first !.

Rob

you cant do it on every hedge but collecting with mower is very good as long as you dont try realy big piles at once. It drives next to hedge reduce size and puts it in a bag or mulches. Also blades easy to sharpen. Works on drives & lawns fine. Of course you cant mow timber over 1.5 inch thats a chippers job But for mulching green waste, leavs & brush its fine. Works for me.