The cost of going bigger?

Will C

A Merc 1717.

I'm hoping to move the crane forward and put a tipper on it in the summer.

The guy I got it from had a 7.5t with a crane and tipper, is payload was only 1.25t. It wasn't any smaller than mine (payload currently 8t).

1425500333288.jpg.30ee87eacb248eb1f8a0c0eab360a584.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Merc 1717.

The guy I got it from had a 7.5t with a crane and tipper, is payload was only 1.25t. It wasn't any smaller than mine (payload currently 8t).

Nice truck, I'd leave the crane where it is and make it side tip :thumbup1:

No, not accurate so pointless. The very lightest 7.5t trucks come in with a 4t payload if you're lucky and that's without guys in them. A hiab will be close to a ton so your real legal payload would probably be closer to 2000kg.

Hiab weighs 450kg so your saying guys weigh in at 1.5 ton!!

A Merc 1717.

Looks cool, are you going to put a chip box on it? or is it just for moving heavy?

Nice truck, I'd leave the crane where it is and make it side tip :thumbup1:

I've thought about that and not sure it would work in the new yard, hence the pause before throwing money and time at it. The crane is body handy where it is it had to be said!

No, not accurate so pointless. The very lightest 7.5t trucks come in with a 4t payload if you're lucky and that's without guys in them. A hiab will be close to a ton so your real legal payload would probably be closer to 2000kg.

That would be a very small hiab, possibly a bit too small to worth having. How much would such a small machine lift and what sort of reach would be available ?

:lol: What you hoping to lift, pillows???????:lol:

. Also a 7.5t and trailer only requires C1+E which is much easier to come by than C+E

Yes I should have clarified my post earlier: once the chipper exceeds 750 kg the licence to drive the 7.5 tonne truck has to be C1+E. If your test was before Jan 1997 unless you have taken a C1+E test you will have a note restricting you to 8.25 tonnes. So IMO the next logical step is to go full C+E