Mid range forestry saw 2014/2015 husky

jnoon

Whys that mate? 576 is only a tad lighter than 390

Exactly . I had a372 sold it to get the " latest 70cc saw " and bought a 576 . Did not like it as it weighed almost as much as my 385 ( now 390 ) . Was no more powerful than what I thought was the out going 372 so sod it and got another 372 . Then the 372 had a birthday in the shape of Xtorque and lived on . Mine is pre Xtorque but I still prefer it .

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a difficult one.

For felling and snedding, it would be the 372 no doubt, but then it wouldn't be on a 24"

If I were going for a 24" bar for in the woods, it wouldn't be on either the 372 or the 576.

The 576 does seem to be a nice saw for crosscutting, but I'd not want to fell and sned with it for long (other than maybe heavy limbed hardwood).

Why not just shove the 24" on your 395? I know they're a bit of a tank (but so is the 576), and it's not like the 36" is going to come out much in the woods. Swapping a bar and chain isn't exactly a big job either.

Edited by Chris Sheppard

It's a difficult one.

For felling and snedding, it would be the 372 no doubt, but then it wouldn't be on a 24"

If I were going for a 24" bar for in the woods, it wouldn't be on either the 372 or the 576.

The 576 does seem to be a nice saw for crosscutting, but I'd not want to fell and sned with it for long (other than maybe heavy limbed hardwood).

Why not just shove the 24" on your 395? I know they're a bit of a tank (but so is the 576), and it's not like the 36" is going to come out much in the woods. Swapping a bar and chain isn't exactly a big job either.

Hi mate,

I did use the 24" on 395 & whilst it sure flings chain around well it's a heavy bugger for trimming & bucking a length off. 560 on 18" and I was double cutting a bit more work but a nicer lighter saw to use !!

Whys that mate? 576 is only a tad lighter than 390

Personal choice I guess ,for me I felt the 372 just lacked that little bit more umphh I would not buy a 390 either I would use the 395... Also my old 372 was a Friday afternoon job and after two years it became my least reliable saw and could never be depended on kind of put me off getting another also I was so please with the auto tuned huskys I owned it just felt the right choice.