Building your own saw!

div_h

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fixing up non running saws and getting them ready for sale is how I started, half the battle is not to be told what the parts do but to work out what they do and how all the parts fit together and why.

Makes sense to buy a low cost scrapper - 346/357 Stihl 024,026 these saws have loads of parts avilable aftermarket and OEM plus many are interchangeable so getting hold of them is always pretty simple.

Personally I would stick with a Pro saw as the finished item will be worth the work.

I feel like I may have a "new friend" when this project gets on the road:001_rolleyes::lol:

It is very satisfying turning knackered scrap back in to a tool for work:thumbup:

Fixing up non running saws and getting them ready for sale is how I started, half the battle is not to be told what the parts do but to work out what they do and how all the parts fit together and why.

Makes sense to buy a low cost scrapper - 346/357 Stihl 024,026 these saws have loads of parts avilable aftermarket and OEM plus many are interchangeable so getting hold of them is always pretty simple.

Personally I would stick with a Pro saw as the finished item will be worth the work.

I feel like I may have a "new friend" when this project gets on the road:001_rolleyes::lol:

It is very satisfying turning knackered scrap back in to a tool for work:thumbup:

I thought we were friends :001_huh:

How old are these saw you talk of eddy:001_rolleyes:

It's not the age that counts, it's the power they wield! When you consider the 1106 series Stihls are still mass produced and have been in production for a whopping 56 years!

Until you sold his 346 :P

Wish I'd bought it, would have been a beaut on a 13" 8 or 9 pin sprocket!

Out of interest would you mind telling me how much you sold it for?

Chris3kings from here bought it, he might tell you what he paid for it :001_tt2: