Giant Coast Redwoods ~ a Must-See ~ 2015

mdvaden

Thanks for the tips, I am pre-booked in hotels so hanging around may prove difficult. I am in the Grand Canyon on my birthday so a sunset/sunrise will be the order of the day. I am also having a picnic on the edge to see the sunrise on that day too in preference to some posh restaurant!

Holiday all booked! Big trees to see via some top attractions en-route! Hopefully I will find some big trees to post on here when I get back. I have taken tips from all the forum pages so thanks to those who post. Starting in Muir Woods we take a car to Yosemite, Sequoia NP, Death Valley, Zion NP, Bryce Canyon, Las Vegas, Grand C, Meteor Crater, Sedona, Phoenix and then out to UK through LA. Two years planning and saving for this one! Leave next weekend.......

If you visit my redwood link in signature, note the Muir Woods in the menu. I quote the words "stress" as associated with that park during some months.

Its more of a city park due to location, and the trees are nowhere close to the forests to the north.

But you can get a shot in the arm of big trees in the Giant Sequoia, although most people I talk to, prefer Redwood National and State Parks Coast Redwoods to the Giant Sequoias.

Yosemite always seems to get a thumbs-up.

Appreciate your advice but sometimes you have to go with what you have. I will have my family on tow and they will undoubtedly get fed up with me detouring off to see trees (as they do on all of our holidays). So long as I get to see a big (ish) tree I will be happy.

Appreciate your advice but sometimes you have to go with what you have. I will have my family on tow and they will undoubtedly get fed up with me detouring off to see trees (as they do on all of our holidays). So long as I get to see a big (ish) tree I will be happy.

Have a ball mate, it's an epic trip and there's a whole heap to see including the trees. Hope the weather up in Kings Canyon and Sequoia is good as the view off the top is awesome and the drive back down pretty full on. Sorry to hijack your thread Mario.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I will be sure to post a few of my experiences on here. Mario, I take heed of the warnings regarding Muir and hope my expectations are not dashed too much. The experience will be awesome I am sure.

I went to Muir woods and although it's not a patch on those up the coast, for a first time visit it's very nice. Plenty to see and a great little walk.

• 2 weeks later...