Giant Coast Redwoods ~ a Must-See ~ 2015

mdvaden

Never mind a photo of the other side of the redwood.

We want to see the other side of the pole dancing story!

Wonder how many from this board would stop by for some pole dancing in Humboldt county during their redwood trip

??

This is Quintessential Humboldt at night ...

The redwood coast is a wild and untamed country.

Pole_10_1000BW.jpg.abd7134d49403b5c3e0a25b6ad8bed88.jpg

Back from an epic trip in the US. I will, in time post some photos of the trip and discuss the merits of a road trip around the bazaars. I managed to clock up 1800 miles and took in more sights than I had planned but definitely worth every penny. What I will say that the advantage of visiting over the residents of the US was that I was up with the sunshine and at a site way before the noise and hubbub of the day which meant I parked very close (even at Muir Woods) and was out eating a grilled steak for breakfast before the traffic backed up and tempers flew! Absolutely top trip and did I see some big trees or what! Vegas will only get a brief mention - a micro-country with its own law (less) rules exploiting females (kind of in a sick way that was upsetting to see/hear) and littered with beggars and chancers. I won't be saying more than it spoilt the holiday a tad!

Back from an epic trip in the US. I will, in time post some photos of the trip and discuss the merits of a road trip around the bazaars. I managed to clock up 1800 miles and took in more sights than I had planned but definitely worth every penny. What I will say that the advantage of visiting over the residents of the US was that I was up with the sunshine and at a site way before the noise and hubbub of the day which meant I parked very close (even at Muir Woods) and was out eating a grilled steak for breakfast before the traffic backed up and tempers flew! Absolutely top trip and did I see some big trees or what! Vegas will only get a brief mention - a micro-country with its own law (less) rules exploiting females (kind of in a sick way that was upsetting to see/hear) and littered with beggars and chancers. I won't be saying more than it spoilt the holiday a tad!

Yesterday, I added a new page to my redwood menu under Prairie Creek in Hiking, for a ElK Prairie Trail redwoodhikes.com only ranks it one star.

For a couple reasons, including what you just wrote, that I bolded, I gave the trail one or two exra stars.

So many people get up around 9am and start late. By getting up a daybreak, you get more sights, and often better quality.

I live local, but generally start as the darkness begins to fade away.

• 2 weeks later...
It' actually three Danes and a South African, living in Denmark

Good thing he's alive ... LOL

Back a bit in post #104, that man was from South Africa too. Got together Halloween day and November 1st too in the redwoods.

Here's a flashback I put on Facebook today too, God Rays early in the morning.

Rays_Samp_1200.jpg