Chainsaw

Innkeeper

Hi All

New on here so hope this is the right place for this.

Am going to get a wagon full 21 ton's One of the forestry wagons we get past all the time. but anyway

What I want to know is a good chainsaw or like a list of what to ask for like Chain size Engine size best make???

Was told if you tried to cut that much would I would kill a chain saw? Would I kill it

But would the chain last? Are they hard to sharpen or do you just buy a new chain???

lot to ask sorry:confused1:

thanks

First off have somewhere secure to put them or the logs will go walkies

Before you buy the saw buy a pair of chainsaw pants and preferably boots.

If you can run to some training that will cover the basics of sharpening which is a skill you will spend many years perfecting

Kit to avoid is cheap PRC saws that are shoddily made and will let you down. Go for the budget end of mainstream

Or...If you are an inn keeper and near me I will cut them if you fill me full of beer (afterwards)

First off have somewhere secure to put them or the logs will go walkies

Before you buy the saw buy a pair of chainsaw pants and preferably boots.

If you can run to some training that will cover the basics of sharpening which is a skill you will spend many years perfecting

Kit to avoid is cheap PRC saws that are shoddily made and will let you down. Go for the budget end of mainstream

Or...If you are an inn keeper and near me I will cut them if you fill me full of beer (afterwards)

Your willing to process 21ton for beer? can I give you my number please?:laugh1::laugh1:

I think you are looking for a Husqvarna 365/372 or a Stihl MS460/441 or similar, all will handle 2' timber if that is the diameter you are looknig at.

It the diameter is smaller - 1' - 1.5', a Husqvarna 560XP would be a good choice.

Some on here will recommend other manufacturers such as Dolmar and Makita but have little experience of them.

Get some training and PPE or someone who knows their trade to take you through how to use a chainsaw safely.

A good relatively cheap fire wood saw are the husky 365's ... If you have a husky dealer near you, not really sure what the stihl equivalent is but I've always thought they were a good machine more than capable for the job of logging.

In regards to the chains it really depends on how many times you touch the ground with a saw because the slightest bit of dirt or grit will blunt it. Buy a file guide and read the instructions! Or you can always come back for more advice.