Design my new landy

madbopper

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is exactly what I want, but can I get one with 3500 kg gvw.

That shouldn't be to difficult, just mount a defender truck cab on a landcruiser chassis & wile your doing that make it a 130 or what ever wheel base suits your needs,

That would be a real nice conversion big diesel auto with 3 diff locks

What is this new truck for?

For that sort of cash you could have a landrover for the few days off road and a proper truck for every other day. If you need a 4wd every day then for that cash surely a mog or 4x4 iveco would be a better option..

Don't get me wrong I love our 130 tipper, but it is only used when we need 4x4, or all our other trucks are in use.. I would not want it for my main vehicle, way to small.

What is this new truck for?

For that sort of cash you could have a landrover for the few days off road and a proper truck for every other day. If you need a 4wd every day then for that cash surely a mog or 4x4 iveco would be a better option..

Don't get me wrong I love our 130 tipper, but it is only used when we need 4x4, or all our other trucks are in use.. I would not want it for my main vehicle, way to small.

HI MATE them IVECO 4X4 drink fuel cost to run then a LR AND MOG thats over kill loads larger then a LR thanks jon :thumbup:

HI MATE them IVECO 4X4 drink fuel cost to run then a LR AND MOG thats over kill loads larger then a LR thanks jon :thumbup:

If I had £30K to spend on a works vehicle I wouldn't put it all into a LR...

With that decent budget you could easily afford several vehicles (including a LR). Any vehicle will be a compromise of some sort, the Mog/4x4 iveco route have numerous advantages if you need the 4x4. Their main drawback in my mind is cost, but the OP has a fair chunk of change..

If you don't always require 4x4 then a standard tipper is way better than a LR 9 times out of 10.

If you want an expensive 4x4 then thats different... I want the most efficient vehicles for my business.

I really don't know how any one copes without 4x4 (doesn't have to be landrover although I am partial). Yesterday I spent the day subbing for a largish firm who had many many large contracts. however they didn't have a 4x4 between them, instead we were using a Iveco tipper which was A COMPLETE LOAD OF CRAP! spent the day getting stuck on wet leaves on the side of the road (crown lifting job on a devon lane) and pulling over to the side of the road meant either getting stuck of grounding out. Personally id sooner cope with the smaller bed of the landrover and be able to go pretty much anywhere than struggle along with that Iveco. Guess that's just my line of work, but anything other than a Landy(or anyother 4x4) mog or tractor would be a complete waste of time.

130 with a tuned td5 or 300tdi depending on your personal preference, built up on a galv chassis and overhauled axles. With belts,wheel bearings,ujs, lift and water pumps kept on your shelf so you have them to hand.

Or you could be really brave and fit a 3litre Isuzu engine, then it would go like a train. For a while...

I really don't know how any one copes without 4x4 (doesn't have to be landrover although I am partial). Yesterday I spent the day subbing for a largish firm who had many many large contracts. however they didn't have a 4x4 between them, instead we were using a Iveco tipper which was A COMPLETE LOAD OF CRAP! spent the day getting stuck on wet leaves on the side of the road (crown lifting job on a devon lane) and pulling over to the side of the road meant either getting stuck of grounding out. Personally id sooner cope with the smaller bed of the landrover and be able to go pretty much anywhere than struggle along with that Iveco. Guess that's just my line of work, but anything other than a Landy(or anyother 4x4) mog or tractor would be a complete waste of time.

:thumbup1: