Cheap container security

Mike Hill

Last week another contractor in town was broken into,its practically unheard of here.They didn't get away with anything which was lucky.

I finnished early on friday,stopped by the scrap yard as well as a rigging shop and came up with this idea.

I know the way the lock is fastend is the weak point,but any grinding where my yard is will bring attention.

The "washers" I used to back the bolts are old Unimog bearing innner,the flange on the end of the bar is a part from a blown Mog Portal Axel.

The last picture is for Dean,he can rate my welding:sneaky2:

5976545ade6ad_splittree014.jpg.55091e09721f886203088a1274bd6207.jpg

5976545adb8ff_splittree011.jpg.bda1d18c617931e735b2619071123e25.jpg

5976545ad9f50_splittree010.jpg.2cf5679e9cbacb5349264961d5ffcef7.jpg

5976545ad79f3_splittree012.jpg.0f76c0c5793d2421f48b84fb27bc6e68.jpg

are you scared somone might break in and give the place a good tidy mate:ohmy:you and huck have more in common than i thought, dean has probably passed out on his office floor and cant reach his panick alarm:scared1:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just got back from a loverly night out at the local Italian restaurant, read this and laughed out loud!!! cheers, Stevie!!!!!:001_tt1:

Glad you kept some mog parts Mike!!, they did not all get feed to the lake!!:001_tongue:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just got back from a loverly night out at the local Italian restaurant, read this and laughed out loud!!! cheers, Stevie!!!!!:001_tt1:

Glad you kept some mog parts Mike!!, they did not all get feed to the lake!!:001_tongue:

still havent heard from deano yet, hope he is ok:ohmy::001_tongue:

Its not clear from the pics but I think you might have a design fault.

If I was to stand on the bar in the middle (or a large crow bar) the two ends could pull in allowing the bar to bend. Then that bend could be brought forward allowing the door to open enough to get inside. You need to add more eyes plus either shorted the bar to the nearest eye or add more eyes to each end. That small round end will easy pull round the end unless you add more supports. Also is the round end just welded through the hole or also on the other side?

Justme.

The Bar is 1&3/4 Inch thick and weights about 35kg.

You might get it to bend abit with a Truck chained to it,but not enough to get a person inside the Door.

I turned the inside of the Flange out about 1/2 inch and interferance fitted the bar to the Flange before welding.Then ran a bead around the inside with a three phase arc welder,as well as welding the end you can see in the photo.

I am trying to prevent opportunistic theft.Generally Romainians come over here from Sweden and steal everything from Clothes off washing lines to generators and compressors.They fill up the (often stolen vans) and scoot back to Romainia with their Loot.