An idiot alone

the village idiot

We just don't hold with that newfangled electrickery round these parts (not sure whether I should mention that my elder daughter's sixth word was 'pitchfork').

Alec

Her first five were "where the hell's my bl**dy" :thumbup: She was 22 at the time though :lol:

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Fish at this year's APF

[ATTACH]172973[/ATTACH]

Things must must have picked up for him these last few years, there was only him, jake and one other operator based in wales at the time, i think times were a bit lean.

Nice to see them still going.

Things must must have picked up for him these last few years, there was only him, jake and one other operator based in wales at the time, i think times were a bit lean.

Nice to see them still going.

This tells the story, and provides plenty of food for thought.

http://www.forestryjournal.co.uk/newsitefiles/2008/Treewood.pdf

Very good article and covers lot of good points - with no focus on softwood planting where is tomorrow's commercial timber going to come from plus the decline in jobs.

The UK debt being out of control is well documented, the trade deficit not so much: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30585540. If we could get some kind of balance into out forestry industry we could create jobs from planting right through to milling and cut down on imports.

Great thread TVI, thank you.

I'd love to do what you do - but am stuck at a computer in an office. One day though, I will own a small patch of woodland. Please keep the pics coming in the meantime.

Oh, and I like Terry Pratchett and Hammond Innes too! Especially TP.

Thanks Sandspider.

Good luck with your plans, sounds exciting!

Excellent signature quotes too:thumbup: