What does a spark screen do?

Woodworks

i know what you mean ,are we been shafted for more tax over here then ??

Aspen is only available in cans in the UK. Due to the low volume of sales there is no chance of Aspen pumps in the forseeable future.

To compare price between here. A 5litre can of 2t sells here at £18.98, whilst the same can sells in Sweden at around £15 converted.

The UK price includes VAT at 20% and also fuel tax at 58p per litre.

The Swedish price includes VAT at 25% but no fuel duty.

So the price of the fuel alone in 5litre cans is actually very close, which is quite amazing considering the extra transportstion costs involved in getting it here.

Being able to buy from the pump in Sweden does bring the price down nicely though.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the Sparks caused from the carbon deposits? If so, if a saw is run on aspen from day one, there will be no carbon deposits, therefore won't even need a spark screen? Would I be correct in thinking like that?

Hi,

If you run on Aspen2 FRT the screen won't get blocked so it can stay fitted.

When working in a high risk area please leave the spark screen fitted to be as safe as possible.

Im pretty sure its not compulsory no, but its just the done thing to use aspen.

Dealers recommend it like a jo-ho recommends religion, machines come with aspen stickers on saying to only fill with aspen, aspen or equivalent is available at every fuel garage AND I get aspen at about £1.85 a litre at todays exchange rate :thumbup:

Id never willingly go back to pump fuel

Hi,

Are you sure Aspen is only 65p per litre more then pump fuel?

What size containers do you buy and how many at a time?

Thanks for your help.

Further to my previous post regards pricing between UK and Sweden.

I have just reworked the figures, this time with a calculator.

The price, per litre, before taxes is just 27p more expensive in the UK (£2.58 as opposed to £2.31)

I really expected the UK to be lot more expensive.

I think this shows the true value of the fuel, and goes to prove that the high UK price is not the fault of the dealers and importers, but of the taxes. The VAT and Road Duty add £6.06 to every 5 litre can.

If you are VAT registered you can reclaim the £3.16 vat, but not the Road Duty.

Further to my previous post regards pricing between UK and Sweden.

I have just reworked the figures, this time with a calculator.

The price, per litre, before taxes is just 27p more expensive in the UK (£2.58 as opposed to £2.31)

I really expected the UK to be lot more expensive.

I think this shows the true value of the fuel, and goes to prove that the high UK price is not the fault of the dealers and importers, but of the taxes. The VAT and Road Duty add £6.06 to every 5 litre can.

If you are VAT registered you can reclaim the £3.16 vat, but not the Road Duty.

HI EDDY what will a can be then with ROAD DUTY TAX OFF thanks EDDY jon :thumbup:

Hi,

Are you sure Aspen is only 65p per litre more then pump fuel?

What size containers do you buy and how many at a time?

Thanks for your help.

Remember I'm in Sweden :) and the pound is strongish atm

If I buy cans its 25 liter cans, around 600sek from my friendly dealer, or via the aspen pump, which is cheaper still per liter but I have no record of actual cost

Also going on gardenkits comments, everyone in buisness is vat registered here :thumbup:

Remember I'm in Sweden :) and the pound is strongish atm

If I buy cans its 25 liter cans, around 600sek from my friendly dealer, or via the aspen pump, which is cheaper still per liter but I have no record of actual cost

Also going on gardenkits comments, everyone in buisness is vat registered here :thumbup:

Thanks for your reply.

All the best

Eddie