Chainsaw boot test

nailer

Well i have the new aqualfell xpert and the insides are rubbish the heels wear out within weeks i have had three pairs sent 2 back and just lumped the third pair.

they become really uncomfortable why is there not some kind of stronger material stitched at the heels

seems this company is just using cheap materials. When these boots cost £160 i expect the shizzles of boots not some thing hitec could beat imo.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well i have the new aqualfell xpert and the insides are rubbish the heels wear out within weeks i have had three pairs sent 2 back and just lumped the third pair.

they become really uncomfortable why is there not some kind of stronger material stitched at the heels

seems this company is just using cheap materials. When these boots cost £160 i expect the shizzles of boots not some thing hitec could beat imo.

i find mine are cold

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the comments regarding the heel lining on the Xpert boots, this was noted a couple of months ago and we are improving this with the manufacturer in Germany as we speak.

Whilst I appreciate that there is room for improvement in the heel area please also bear in mind that it is important to ensure that your boots fit correctly, as a safety boot that is slightly too large for you will allow your feet to slip around and this is a large contributor to heel linings wearing out.

We do offer additional footbeds to go inside the boots to help with this problem.

With regards to Bob's comment as to them being cold there is no technical reason why this should be so except for, of course, if you are working in very damp conditions or cold weather.

However please keep feeding us any comments positive or negative regarding any of our Arbortec products via our email address: [email protected] as feedback from yourselves is invaluable for improving, upgrading or new developments.

Thanks once again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for the comments regarding the heel lining on the Xpert boots, this was noted a couple of months ago and we are improving this with the manufacturer in Germany as we speak.

Whilst I appreciate that there is room for improvement in the heel area please also bear in mind that it is important to ensure that your boots fit correctly, as a safety boot that is slightly too large for you will allow your feet to slip around and this is a large contributor to heel linings wearing out.

We do offer additional footbeds to go inside the boots to help with this problem.

With regards to Bob's comment as to them being cold there is no technical reason why this should be so except for, of course, if you are working in very damp conditions or cold weather.

However please keep feeding us any comments positive or negative regarding any of our Arbortec products via our email address: [email protected] as feedback from yourselves is invaluable for improving, upgrading or new developments.

Thanks once again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Credit to you for your input on the forum, supplying feedback and acknowledgement of users comments. Nice to see.:icon14:

• 1 month later...

Could you please let us know what size you are because we would to send you a revised version of the Aquafell Xpert with an improved heel lining.

Firstly I reckon that video was put there for commercial reason as both boots are easy to identify. I dont like people scare mongering to make money.

Secondly on a technical note. A chainsaw boot is based on a standard EN345 safety boot with added chainsaw protection. To comply with EN£$% a boot must have a toe cap wwhich will withstand 200 joule impact. In the natural development of normal safety boots composite caps are a good ise. They are spark resistant, possible slightly lighter, and do not conduct cold from the ground. the unfortunate thing is that no-one realised that you can cut through plastic with a saw. Chainsaw boot with plastic caps actually do still conform to the requirements of the EN standard. I know that HSE were made aware of this 2 years ago but as they conformed they buried their heads in the sand. I am also aware that 1 mnaufacturer has now extended the protetcion over the composite cap which may solve the problem on their boots. However, my advice would be to stick to old fashioned, tries tested and proven steel caps and give yourslef 1 less worry in life

I have to say I am suprised by Fortecs answer. OK as a manufacturers reprasentative at least they have reponded but I do think theiw reply is a bit ripe. Are they actually trying to tell us that Van Elton dont know how to make boots ?? I thought this was an old established company who have been making boots for ever. I really dont see the difference between a chain saw boot and any other type of boot when it comes to the inner. IMO cheap components make cheap products but in this case sold at high prices

I wouldn't like to comment on telling a manufacturer how to make boots and for what price.

What you pay for a boot will have an element of research and developent in the price.

They may be an old company but as times change so do safety standards. Modern more powerful, lightweight, faster chain speed saws will call for more technical protection.

Our demand for lightweight, cool, grippy, waterproof, breathable, easy to fasten, flexible boots puts demands on the manufaturer, it isn't easy fitting all that into a chainsaw boot without cost, research and development.

It's a little bit like our customers going, your charging me £200 and it only took you an hour and a half?

They have no idea what is involved in our job and the costs. Likewise we have no idea in the manufacturing cost or quality of materials used when it comes to safety boot manufacture.

All we can do is put forward what we want out of a boot and hope that the manufacturer is good enough to listen to our comments :icon14:

Fair play to Fortec for their input.