Anyone got a kindlet machine ?

gensetsteve

What % of your cost is timber? Or how much do you pay per tonne?

I'm in a very strong position, as I am busy harvesting lots of scots pine and birch, and have my own 8 wheel grab truck.

Thanks for your details Wynn. One of my subbies has a kindlett already.

I'm thinking of buying the Fuelwood Splitta, so I can do pre-packed bags of logs with the same efficiency as the sticks. Looking at the Transaw processor too, but it seems very pricy.

i usually pay in the region of 20 per tonne at the road side.

how many tonnes have you got to process

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:closedeyes:

ed

you will need a processer of some sort to cut the timber into the exact right lenght to fit in the splitter/kindla for it to work right otherwise you will have a lot of ringing up to do

Looking at the Transaw processor too, but it seems very pricy.

Hi

That looks alot of kindling for £25. assuming the bag is not quite full and 800mm bag you have about 1/2 cube metre loose in there. How much wood to you cut for that. I have never had softwood so no idea what the cost is. At that sort of margin i am thinking it would work with cheap transport and free wood.

Hi

That looks alot of kindling for £25. assuming the bag is not quite full and 800mm bag you have about 1/2 cube metre loose in there. How much wood to you cut for that. I have never had softwood so no idea what the cost is. At that sort of margin i am thinking it would work with cheap transport and free wood.

sorry its all spoken for:sneaky2:

mr ed - does that rojek machine screen the small stuff (i.e. leaves, twigs etc) from the bigger stuff (i.e. small logs) because i see it has two bags on it and looking at their website the amount of green on the gear they put through it i would expect it to come out a lot different to what they show the logs to look like.

hope that makes sense!

Hi

bag is full to the brim.

I sell them for £25 collection only to eliminate transport and the timber is delivered directly to me. my costs are my labour and soon to be my new kindlet if i cannot source a second hand one anywere.

sorry its all spoken for:sneaky2:

But i packed the push bike with marmite sandwiches and set the sat nav for angel of the north and everything:001_smile:

The transaw looks better than my hakki pilki and so does the Bindergerg stuff. Appears to jam less but more expensive if you have lots to do may be worth the money.

What sort of £££ are you guys getting for your kindling? Also, whats the cost of the nets like?

I know some one in northwales doing kindling, always on lookout for softwood, currently paying £20/T roadside (5"-9", 8ft long). I'm swapping about 3T pine logs for 30 nets (weigh approx5kg each, normally charges £2 per net wholesale i think) a fair swap as I hope to retail them at £5/net min!

But then I got thinking ...... 3T timber, (seasoned = 2T?) = 400 nets @ £5 retail each = £2K, less cost of nets (£60) ......... 6T seasoned timber converted to kindling may pay for a kindling machine

this depends on selling it retail at markets, log customers etc

does that make sense?