Bad dreams

Stereo

Uh, I hope you all don't think I'm a tosser or anything but I've got something going on which is impacting my life, so to speak. I cut down on the booze big time a while back as it was getting serious so now I get to bed early and get up early, usually pretty fresh, without the old hangover feeling. So, pleased with that.

But, I get these fking dreams that are so real and usually bad that I wake up in a bad mood. Sounds stupid but I can't shake it some days. Can be anything with me or my family or something random but it's so vivid, it's like I lived it. It's like I get post traumatic stress or something similar (obviously nothing like folk who really have seen bad stuff).

I know it's nothing real but I feel like I've been through it every night. Starting to think I would be better off drowning it out again. Any ideas / remedies that are not out of a wine bottle? Anyone else get this?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't go back on the booze!!! Having cut down drastically myself recently I am very pleased I did, Booze can mess your life and head up as well as your body or even kill you...whatever is causing your nightmares alcohol is the last thing I would turn to...get in touch with a sleep clinic or similar mate.

I'm not going back on the booze as it was starting to ruin my life day to day. Feel so much better and more positive now and not like I'm slowly killing myself. Just hacked off that there seems to be a price. Like you say, it's like it's in HD. Maybe I need to see someone. I've tried all the herb tea type ideas.

Sorry to hear of your trouble Stereo.

I am lucky to rarely suffer any problems, I usually sleep like a baby.

But the times that I do have troubled sleep usually follow consumption of cheese, chocolate or coffee in the evening.

It maybe worth reviewing your diet, and not eating after tea.

Just thoughts.

Going by your statement of cutting down on the booze big time it Sounds like a short term problem until your body has got use to the idea of no alcohol,hang on in there and has above review your diet ....if I look at any dairy products or chocolate before bed I have horrendous nightmares too ..

Good luck

Ste

Hi

Cheese eaten later at night can produce bad dreams like chocolate.

Drinking something like horlicks used to help me or if you drink tea, try the red bush without caffeine types.

Im sure it will pass with time,

N

Edited by NFG

Sorry to hear of your trouble Stereo.

I am lucky to rarely suffer any problems, I usually sleep like a baby.

But the times that I do have troubled sleep usually follow consumption of cheese, chocolate or coffee in the evening.

It maybe worth reviewing your diet, and not eating after tea.

Just thoughts.

I slept like a baby once.

I shat myself and woke up screaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Uh, I hope you all don't think I'm a tosser or anything but I've got something going on which is impacting my life, so to speak. I cut down on the booze big time a while back as it was getting serious so now I get to bed early and get up early, usually pretty fresh, without the old hangover feeling. So, pleased with that.

But, I get these fking dreams that are so real and usually bad that I wake up in a bad mood. Sounds stupid but I can't shake it some days. Can be anything with me or my family or something random but it's so vivid, it's like I lived it. It's like I get post traumatic stress or something similar (obviously nothing like folk who really have seen bad stuff).

I know it's nothing real but I feel like I've been through it every night. Starting to think I would be better off drowning it out again. Any ideas / remedies that are not out of a wine bottle? Anyone else get this?

I know what you mean. Dreams that impact on your day when you keep thinking WTF was that all about. I suffered from sleep apnea for a short while which used to scare the crap out of me. My dreams are always full HD but I have learnt to try and control them.