Dog fleas can anyone help please?

egnsean

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my jack dives in any sh**e he can so is prone to the odd outbreak .we had to go to vets in the end after trying everything else ; normally though every now and again we take him down the beach and in the water he goes dont know if the salt water helps kill any fleas ect ; funny though he loves running in and out of water ..:thumbup1:

Our current collection of 4 dogs, of varying ages, and years of loving ownership, do not appear to suffer from fleas, worms or skin problems, despite not being vetted or dosed for such ailments.

Merely fed on cheap dry dog nuts, and the unlimited run of a few acres of rough grassland and moss.

They all sleep in our bedroom, mostly in our bed.

All are disgustingly healthy, except the JR, and his current colitis is purely due to his scoffing of about 1000g(easily) of cooked gammon off the lunch table.

cheers

m

I've just started using Bravecto on mine. He often comes to work with me and that means living (literally) in the woods for weeks at a time. Fleas have never been much of a problem, but ticks often are. This means having to treat him monthly with the Spot-on type flea treatments. Bravecto is a pill and claims to be effective for 3 months against fleas and ticks. Not cheap at around £40 a pop, but then niether is treating every month and you get a loyalty card. If you buy 3 pills, you get the 4th free. Early days yet, but I haven't found a tick on him yet. I'll see how it goes longer term and let you know.

I've just started using Bravecto on mine. He often comes to work with me and that means living (literally) in the woods for weeks at a time. Fleas have never been much of a problem, but ticks often are. This means having to treat him monthly with the Spot-on type flea treatments. Bravecto is a pill and claims to be effective for 3 months against fleas and ticks. Not cheap at around £40 a pop, but then niether is treating every month and you get a loyalty card. If you buy 3 pills, you get the 4th free. Early days yet, but I haven't found a tick on him yet. I'll see how it goes longer term and let you know.

Advocate wont kill tics . it will kill fleas tape worm and lung worm . For tics you need Advantage . That will kill fleas and tics but not lung worm ! Made by the same company I think . A marketing strategy perhaps ?. Out of all the little critters only lung worm is fatal I think .

For work I treat a lot of houses for fleas, if there are pets I recommend advocate everytime frontline is a massive waste of money. Also if you actually get the fleas laying eggs in your house then the bombs sprays etc that you get from the vets or shop will not cure the problem they are a knockdown with no residual effect so when the eggs hatch the fleas just get on.