Bulldog Bone in action

surveyor

Going from Blue tongue to tachyon was definitely one of my best rope choices for use with my zigzag as it behaves completely different, yes tachyon has stretch but it's not bouncy like blue tongue and feels more predictable in all weathers.

Going from Blue tongue to tachyon was definitely one of my best rope choices for use with my zigzag as it behaves completely different, yes tachyon has stretch but it's not bouncy like blue tongue and feels more predictable in all weathers.

Perfect 👍

Tachyon is a great rope.

I have 2*50m, 45m 35m and 20m lengths. Three of them are in Norway with my kit out there but I still climb occasionally on the 50m in the UK and the 20 for connies and smaller trees.

The main reason I don't use the tachyon more in the UK is I have lengths of cougar blue and orange.

The Cougars?

The Cougar blue is pretty old now and looks a lot fatter than the Orange. I haven't done that much on the orange as it is 60M length so a bit overkill for most trees. It does feel great to climb on though but feels quite different to the Blue. Cougar ropes IME fluff up quite a bit when used. Where as the Orange is brand spammer and comparing them the difference looks quite a lot. The Orange being new is a lot cleaner and looks a lot thinner. But it climbs the same, just feels the same in the hand. The Blue is like wire when you have been climbing on it. The Orange feels that way to date, although as I said I need to have more time on the Orange to form a full opinion on it.

I am swapping on of my 50M of tachyon for a length of Kern, so I will be trying that out this week.

• 1 month later...
Just wondering how much are they ???🤔

The cost of the Bulldog Bone with corrosion resistant links is $260.00 + $20.00 s/h ($40.00 outside the US) , to be paid by check , money order, moneygram, or Paypal ( add 5% if paying with PayPal to cover their transaction fee)

In addition you need to sign a disclaimer to the inventor. (Gordon aka Surveyor)

I had some issues with customs and had to pay additional import duty after a lot of weird questions...

But man, when I finally held it in my hand, all shiny and new,,,,,, we'll it was all worth it. :thumbup:

Edited by Huskyman