Bulldog Bone in action

surveyor

EVgykQA.jpg

Here is a picture of what has been referred to as the BDB XL, which seems to suit this Bone. It has a 5/8" dia. x 0.58"wide steel bollard from a size 80 roller link on the top arm, with a short pivot length and short Hook end arms like the bottom arms. This Bone is a dedicated Vortex use SRT device. I have removed a wee bit of material (0.035") at the snap swivel link, which makes it easier to load the fat Vortex line. It also has a stainless steel and nylon standoff at the top of the spine to hold the shorter top arm from collapsing too much.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is an email I have received from an adjustable Bulldog Bone user. Do not try to adjust the bollard while weighted.

"Hy Gordon,

I learned something important about the new adjustable toparm today!

Don't adjust it when hanging on the Bdb, because that way you'll screw out not only the bolt but also the nut. When adjusting the bone, the nut has to move (in order to keep it in place). I didn't realize that and as my bone kept slipping I tried to adjust it... until the bolt was out of the bollard! [​IMG]

Nothing happened, I just wanted to let you know to keep an eye on the position of the nut!

Kevin"

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...