Delivery trailer

briquette_seller

It can be done but keeping the nose weight legal can be tricky, depends on the type of crane you want and how much you want to lift at what reach.

The best way to fit them and keep the weight right is fit it at the front of the bed, not on the drawbar. triaxle trailers can make it easier.

On this one the crane weighs 600kg with the engine and strengthening, but it has to be unfolded out across the length of the bed when empty to make it legal, wouldn't be without it now though.

scraggs-albums-bike-picture7232-landy.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tacho exempt, using a "dual purpose vehicle" to tow the trailer.

What vehicle exactly, suspect a Fastrack may be exempt but 4x4s all need Tachos if designed laden train weight is over 3.5 tonnes and used for Hire/reward purposes. IE delivering goods you have sold.

I use a Disco and latterly a SWB Defender, both need tachos.

I have it in writing from DVLA that driver CPC is not needed for the above motors as their unladen weight is below 3.5 tonnes. I have laboured the point with them that the unladen train weight will be 3.3 tonnes and they have repeated that no cpc is needed when on Hire and Reward. ie delivering logs.

A

Edited by Alycidon

scraggs-albums-bike-picture7232-landy.jpg

If I was a copper I would love to put that over a weigh bridge !!.

A

Feel free

Forklift has a weigh checker fitted and it will be close but not close enough :)

Actually the truck is light on that one, it can take 2 pallets

Not worth the fine or the hastle

What vehicle exactly, suspect a Fastrack may be exempt but 4x4s all need Tachos if designed laden train weight is over 3.5 tonnes and used for Hire/reward purposes. IE delivering goods you have sold.

I use a Disco and latterly a SWB Defender, both need tachos.

I have it in writing from DVLA that driver CPC is not needed for the above motors as their unladen weight is below 3.5 tonnes. I have laboured the point with them that the unladen train weight will be 3.3 tonnes and they have repeated that no cpc is needed when on Hire and Reward. ie delivering logs.

A

Maybe i have this wrong, but..........?

"Dual Purpose" vehicles:

Under Shcedule 3 (2) of the goods Vechiles (Licensing of Operators) Regulastions 1195 "a dual purpose vehicles and ANY trailer drawn by it" is identified as exempt from goods vehicle operator licensing.

The dual purpose category generally includes cars, estates, pickups (with a second row of seast (crew cab) only), and domestic 4x4 vehicles such as Land Rovers, Jeeps and other similar vehicles below 2040kgs unladen weight.

I thought as it was operator license exempt, it would be tacho exempt?

Why would you have a tacho and no operators license? :confused1: