Disgusting!

Bren.

Very few councils run their own tips.. They contract firms like Veolia and Biffa to process their waste.

Costs are astronomical.

Uk is well behind the times when it comes to recycling.

Holland for example doesn't put anything into landfill.

I used my local council tip when I was clearing out the office & yard. General mixed waste. Cost £97 for 480kg!?! No wonder there is so much fly tipping.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A situation that won't change without a governmental change in attitude from 'how can we screw money out of this one?' to 'how can we deal properly with waste?'

It's sad that the term 'recycling' has almost become a form of lip service to the ideal. You only have to see the differences between every LA's doorstep recycling (what they'll take, what they won't) to see that the whole thing's driven purely by money.

Totally agree. Spent ages on the phone with the council yesterday sorting a permit for our charity to tip free (those days are almost gone now) the senior person concerned who was in charge didn't care about what we do to recycle ( they just burn and bury it in the ground) it was just about money.

I saw photos of the fly tipping this morning. Couldn't believe it. That's taken more than a night to dump. Someone from the council hasn't being doing their job properly and done something about it. I agree with the above posters about the cost for recycling trade waste. A permit for green waste in Fife costs more than 4 times the one for dumping rubble etc. Pure madness:thumbdown:

If council tips allowed commercial waste for free would these people use them?

No idea, but it might be cheaper than the cost of tidying up that lot.

Big problem would be current recycling plants would lose out as we would all go there.

And then, if it's too busy ... off to the local lanes again..

Practical solutions needed rather than just screaming about scumbags.

Last time I looked my local tip was £80 per ton green waste. 10 mins down the road a private company is £35 per ton. My local tip operators are already awarded a contract for refuse (Violia) and make out of recycling our metal etc from that site. If they came in line with the local firm more people would go there. You'll never stop pikies fly tipping though.

Totally agree. Spent ages on the phone with the council yesterday sorting a permit for our charity to tip free (those days are almost gone now) the senior person concerned who was in charge didn't care about what we do to recycle ( they just burn and bury it in the ground) it was just about money.

Do you not charge for the work you do???

Why would you tip for free if you do???

Not having ago, just interested :001_smile:

Very few councils run their own tips.. They contract firms like Veolia and Biffa to process their waste.

Costs are astronomical.

Uk is well behind the times when it comes to recycling.

Holland for example doesn't put anything into landfill.

Mate the UK is behind on everything. Short term solutions to long term problems. When the Eton rifles stop pretending they're still at school with all their house points, and the winner who gets the job of running the country actually has some Jacobs then something might come from it.

Don't get me started.:sneaky2:

Do you not charge for the work you do???

Why would you tip for free if you do???

Not having ago, just interested :001_smile:

I wasn't negotiating for our ARB arisings,

it was for the waste generated by our Charity furniture shops... :)

A mate of mine is a Private Detective...he was paid by a Local Authority to find out where a certain company where fly tipping...they were doing garden and rubbish clearance. The solution was, put a tracker in a bag of rubbish, find out where and when they tipped, then video them doing it. Vehicle confiscated, job done. Tish Boom! :001_tt2: