Rb44 powered logsplitter

Gray git

I did similar with my land rover PTO. However what I did was put a new valve block on the feed from the pump before the winch that gave me scope for an additional single acting. circuit (all you need for a splitter, winch circuit will be double acting)I then had the main valve block relief valve set at what the engineer suggested. Then he put a cross line relief in the winch circuit so that still operated at the same pressure as it always did.

Its hard to explain in text but worked well and didn't cost a huge amount.

Will mention this to hydraulic bloke when I see him next week as he is finding out about putting in a radio remote servo valve for the winch.so might get it all done at same time, in for a penny and all that!

I know what you mean about blade sizes, just so used to the big splitters iv had for years but as this is ment for occasional use might do.

Any other light machines recommend that'd give a comfortable work hight and decent size table?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will mention this to hydraulic bloke when I see him next week as he is finding out about putting in a radio remote servo valve for the winch.so might get it all done at same time, in for a penny and all that!

I know what you mean about blade sizes, just so used to the big splitters iv had for years but as this is ment for occasional use might do.

Any other light machines recommend that'd give a comfortable work hight and decent size table?

If he is looking a replacing the valve block to servo then it will be very simple to get a second slice in the block that's single acting you then either need a switch on dash on an extra on off on your remote to set the spool constant pump for the splitter.

• 1 month later...

Update.

Since having my Thor self powered splitter stolen just after Christmas this project has shifted up a gear.

Looked at lots of options but at moment the riko machine is in winning position having nipped down to have a look at 1 last week.

Riko UK - A9V500PI - Vertical log splitter for tr…:

Going to make arms that will bolt onto the big eyes on the top of the bumper where the shackle is in pick and sit down the sides of the winch onto where bottom link arms would normally go on splitter then make a large pin bracket to go into the hole on centre of the fairleads to hold where top arm normally would which should sit splitter at a nice hight to work. Then run it off the hydraulics for the winch.

Comments /ideas on this?

1421491246356.jpg.e37b3fb3a1851660a1033388647bb549.jpg

Nop that's on the hydraulics, got a feeling the revs are up a bit but with it being 2 speed should be fairly quick plus rb has quite high flow rate in 4th gear.

HI JOHN it will be a walk in the PARK FOR RB44 JON ONLY NEED 25LT PER MIN AT 2500PSI THE ONLY WORRY I HAVE JON IT UP TO YOU IS IT ONLY SPLIT 440MM LOGS LONG I NO THERES SOME PROPLE LIKE LONGER FOR BIO STOVES THANKS JON :thumbup:

Not really that many of them around here and if it comes to that I'll just refer them to my mate who has big kit and takes all my larger timber.

I just want it for my own logs, when a client wants a few doing on site from there tree and to do prop 30-40m2 of the nice easy timber of job's to help cover yard rent a bit and fill in after short day jobs.

Not really that many of them around here and if it comes to that I'll just refer them to my mate who has big kit and takes all my larger timber.

I just want it for my own logs, when a client wants a few doing on site from there tree and to do prop 30-40m2 of the nice easy timber of job's to help cover yard rent a bit and fill in after short day jobs.

HI JOHN NICE ONE JOHN your RB44 WILL EASY ALLSO how about putting a large ring of wood under splitter to keep it up off ground help safe your back thanks jon :thumbup: