What Tractor?

HRG Tree Services

If you are serious about mulching you will need to guard the thing up. It can be quite brutal on the kit in deep lop and top with sticks trying to stab at just about everything. You will also have to consider junking the ag tyres for proper forestry ones. Also turn the wheel offsets in for minimum width .

Bob

fodentipper014_zps0cfd93ec.jpg

used to have a seppi on my tractor, good bit of kit ,make sure you dont pick up a mattresss with a mulcher ,stop a tractor taster than a husky chain brake :laugh1:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are there any 3.5 tonne trailers that weigh 800kg unladen? I know our ifor triaxle weighs 900kg.

I considered a swan neck or 5th wheel trailer for my 110 but never did figure out the legalities and payload.

You can get a 3.5 tonne trailer to carry that Telehandler at approx 500kg unladen.

More an ideal tool for a 7.5 tonne Hookloader or the like, and as the Alpines do ok with a CAT1 linkage, I'd think a winch or small chipper would be ok?

It wasn't really on thread so to speak, but I did think it could have a place in someones fleet?

Eddie.

WHAT model of bobcat is it and age sounds to cheap to me would it be a 743 we have one are very good but dont think you would find a good one for £2500

It's a 7 series and looks exactly the same as one in pic.. It's off a mate so said he would do it to me for that price.. No experience of them other than driving his.

Are there any 3.5 tonne trailers that weigh 800kg unladen? I know our ifor triaxle weighs 900kg.

I considered a swan neck or 5th wheel trailer for my 110 but never did figure out the legalities and payload.

I was in conversation with a local tree surgeon, who was looking at buying a new German built tracked MEWP, which weighed sommat like 3 tonne, or very very fractionally under 3000kg.

To tow on a 3.5t ball hitch.

Simply because said German firm supplied a special built trailer fully road legal for the 3500kg class.

It only cost £6,000.00:001_tt2: (the trailer that was)

That unobtainium bes proper expensive apparently.

Marcus

This has come up before about getting the lightest possible trailer, and this guy who is very local to me claims to have the solutions?

I'd really like to have a look over one sometime to make my own mind up, but he certainly seems to be very confident he's using materials that make them up to the job.

One thing is for certain they are very light, and he can make you pretty much any solution you want which is a real bonus.

500kg for a full size plant trailer is seriously light?

Plant / Excavator Trailers

With regard to the actual Tractor purchase on Thread, I'd just like to add my own experience.

Basically I would have rushed headlong into a Valtra N163 with Direct CVT box and all the trimmings, but basically couldn't afford at the time.

I took the opportunity to hire from my local Valtra Dealer for two reasons, the first was obviously to try different models, but secondly to see how they performed plus more importantly how it was backed up?

The outcome was I found the Dealer to be nothing short of brilliant, and the actual Tractor poles apart from what I actually required on a daily basis.

I needed more HP, the CVT gearbox wasn't for me, plus I found the 'T' series much better for my needs.

I know to every last option now exactly what I need, and the whole exercise done in the winter months has provided me with top notch tractors at realistic hire rates, with full backup to do my learning on.

I suggest you find a local dealer of your favoured brands and try a few different ones out on hire to see what fits your needs?

At this time of year there should be a good choice of new/used in their yards that could be hired at reasonable rates.

Eddie.

• 1 month later...

I have run several tractors over the years, from a leyland 272 all the way up to a fendt 936 (£100k at 3 yrs old with 5000 hrs!!!!) however, best bang for buck was always IMO the 1999-2003 mf 6290. They realy had sorted the dynashift out by then and the power control shuttle was a dream to use. A good one shouldn't set you back much more than £15000 and with 140hp and 40k gearbox they not to bad on the road either. Never mulched with it tho ;)

Nice heavy lump of a tractor for flail hedge trimming as well.