Further to fuel issue threads

teepeeat

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see the problem with any fuel bought at the pump whether it has been bought at a supermarket or at a garage.

I have never heard of any cars breaking down due to bad fuel and I have only heard of 1 saw breaking down due to bad fuel but that was due to the user leaving fuel in the tank for an age (which doesnt happen with Aspen).

Like anything, if used responsibly, I doubt you will ever have a problem. And if your in doubt, fork out for Aspen and crack on.

I don't see the problem with any fuel bought at the pump whether it has been bought at a supermarket or at a garage.

I have never heard of any cars breaking down due to bad fuel and I have only heard of 1 saw breaking down due to bad fuel but that was due to the user leaving fuel in the tank for an age (which doesnt happen with Aspen).

Like anything, if used responsibly, I doubt you will ever have a problem. And if your in doubt, fork out for Aspen and crack on.

Supermarket fuel can contain higher % ethanol also is a chance it is older than fore court fuel .

Hi Sam,

It sounds like you have good fuel management and have a good fuel supplier.

I call on over 260 garden machinery shops and fuel is the biggest problem for dealers and users alike.

Pump fuels have changed so much and with the increase in chemicals and ethanol things are set to get worse.

Modern cars have sealed fuel systems with computers constantly adjusting valve timing, mixture and ignition.

Small engines don't have all of that.

Classic bikes are having the same problems. The vintage motorcycle club (VMCC) asked me to do a talk to their members about fuels and fuel problems.

Not only with fuel going off to the point it won't ignite in an engine but also

With the 100- 130 chemicals in pump fuels engines with carburettors are getting residues left in them at are reducing the jetting.

This causes lack of power or poor idle.

I often hear a mower engines rev up and down repeatedly in my travels.

This is fuel starvation.

Cars get used more often and have sealed fuel injection systems so seem to have less problems.

They also have multi cylinders and spark plugs.

When I had my garden machinery repair business I would often have machinery that I have serviced in the winter refuse to start in the spring even with fuel additives.

I would drain the fuel and they would start up with fresh fuel.

Just google fuel problems you will find pages and pages!

Hi Sam,

It sounds like you have good fuel management and have a good fuel supplier.

I always fill up at ASDA, so probably not the best supplier in the world, but still Ive been running saws, mowers, strimmers and hedgecutters off it and I've never had a problem and neither has anybody I've worked with.

Of course you will here of a lot more bad fuel cases as that's kind of part of your job.

Im not knocking Aspen, I think for the job it does its great for the environment, your health, peoples health around you and for your machines and if you toke apart my machines and compared them to other machines that have run off Aspen then the Aspen run machines would be in a much better state.

My feelings are though you can still run your machines off pump fuel and have no problems with it so long as your using fresh fuel and service your machines regularly :001_smile:

if I use asda fuel on a long run I get 10% less mpg than when I use esso

Interesting, on a recent long trip I switched to esso diesel from my usual Morrisons for the same reasons and was surprised to get more than 10 mpg less!!

Although I`ve never had fuel problems with my saws etc. I have recently been using fuel stablizer in all my small engines in response to all the concerns that people have been voicing. better safe............