mini digger with grab and rotator

Tommy 7840

I agree i think most of the machines available now are all good things have moved on a lot in the last few years.I think i will end up with a tekeuchi because we have a very local main dealer who seems good and keen to do a deal!!!! I am in touch with someone else so i will see what he comes up with but he has mainly tekeuchi.... My main concern with any machine that i own is how good the dealer, availability of spare parts etc,price of spare parts and reliability.I do like jcb machines but our local dealer is hurrendous on price of secondhand machines.Im not worried about the digger being a zero turn as it wont matter on our jobs.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree i think most of the machines available now are all good things have moved on a lot in the last few years.I think i will end up with a tekeuchi because we have a very local main dealer who seems good and keen to do a deal!!!! I am in touch with someone else so i will see what he comes up with but he has mainly tekeuchi.... My main concern with any machine that i own is how good the dealer, availability of spare parts etc,price of spare parts and reliability.I do like jcb machines but our local dealer is hurrendous on price of secondhand machines.Im not worried about the digger being a zero turn as it wont matter on our jobs.

If your looking to lift big lumps of wood, id avoid zero swing, friend does a lot of stonewalling (big lumps of granite on Dartmoor) he reckons his zero swing 5 tonner (hitachi) isn't much better than his 3 tonne standard swing Kubota, zeros just don,t have the weight out far enough behind them.

I would like a new one but i doubt its going to happen!!!! I think you could probably pick up a jcb the cheapest around our area and we have a local jcb dealer.I would like any info on jcb minis if anyone has used one?

Tommy you have similar taste to me if the 7840 is referring to a certain tractor and you own an 814, but please please don't go down the JCB mini route, unless it's for some specific reason like incredibly cheap or come from a fantastic home.

There is so much better out there that can give you almost assured trouble service and a set in stone residual value.

Tell us a bit more about what your intended applications are, what attachments you have on your future wish list and what you have to move the machine around with.

Plenty of contacts to find you something nice to fit your needs.

Eddie.

I have just been looking at tekeuchi specs and users opinions of them.kubota would be a good machine the engine would be great we have a bobcat 743 with a kubota 4 cylinder which is bombproof!!!! I have been looking at the tb014 and the tb016 the tb016 does seem the best allrounder but i have found a very tidy tb014 with a cab which is the right money!!!! I havent even seen a komatsu mini yet eddie i dont think we have a local dealer....

are bobcat not rebadged doosans?

Thanks eddie yes the 7840 refers to my new holland 7840 sle a very good tractor!!!! Ive been looking at every make really.It sounds like the jcb isnt the best but im not sure why that is can you shed some light on that? From what i can see by secondhand values and reliability and a machine fit for our work a tekeuchi 016 looks the one i did think the 014 but looks to unstable to me without expanding tracks!!!! Any advice much appreciated thanks.

Thanks eddie yes the 7840 refers to my new holland 7840 sle a very good tractor!!!! Ive been looking at every make really.It sounds like the jcb isnt the best but im not sure why that is can you shed some light on that? From what i can see by secondhand values and reliability and a machine fit for our work a tekeuchi 016 looks the one i did think the 014 but looks to unstable to me without expanding tracks!!!! Any advice much appreciated thanks.

Go for it on the Takeuchi TB016, spend enough money to get a good one and it will repay you very well I'm certain.

This is the 1.5 tonner I pretty much recommend to everyone, as it really is bombproof, plus in reality punches well into 2 tonner territory.

Buy well and if it's not for you they are extremely sought after so you will be pretty assured of most if not all your money back.

I'm actually operating one for a few days at present doing the drainage for a house, and the example I'm using the guy has owned for approx 4 years now. It gets absolutely no love apart from when I have it, and it simply shrugs all the punishment off and gets on with it.

Yes it could do with a few pins and bushes here and there now, plus a general tidy up, but in reality it wouldn't be an expensive job to get it really tidy again.

Well worth searching out a good TB016, and as the saying goes 'it'll be the cheapest man on the job!'

Eddie.