Hard time selling logs

simonm

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will come the squirrels were been really lazy this year there running round with nuts like little crack fiends now. Holly and other berry Bering trees shrubs are loaded. Plus my right little finger has a tingle that only happens when it going to be amid us 50 winter bla bla bla you get the picture :sneaky2:

I know this isn't very helpful but if the market was already saturated why did you go into it? Do you get the wood for nowt? if so then there might still be a margin albeit a slim one

you can't build a business basing it on free wood you have to price based on buying it on so you can offer continuity of supply or your screwed imo.

Simon, just wondering how you deliver (unload) with ibc crates, ive just had a load of them and was just wondering.

Hi ed I don't take the cage out, just throw them in by hand and tip them at the other end. Although I do know where there is a tippler that I am trying to get in exchange for a bit of tree felling :thumbup:

Worth recalling that after some hard winters, customers all stocked up last year and had half of them left at the end. Once they've used those they'll be in the market for more - let's say around Christmas. And even if last year's logs were crap, after this summer they'll now be well dry.

So expect the junk merchants to stand out a mile when the customer suddenly finds they've gone from good dry logs to dripping-wet rubbish. And those selling good logs should clean up the market.

I know many people have already said it but you're way too cheap. I do store a lot of my stock in IBC's and I charge £110 a load and they sell.

I'm certain there are people who will look at your price and question your product because its so cheap, it will make them skeptical. Up your price to a premium level and they will expect a premium product, which if it is what you say it is you wont have any problems.