Hard time selling logs

simonm

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot compete wit that they are probably getting the wood for nothing

as well.

how much volume in the cage is it all hardwood or softwood or mixed how much are you charging and does it include delivery.If you have just started it will take time to build a reputation and get a regular client list but if you stick to providing a quality product and a good service you should keep busy .

It is very mild at the moment but once we get a frost the phones will start ringing,winter has not started yet but it will come.

Cheers Chris

Having a quality product is all well and good but some people cant afford the best firewood, they will go for the cheaper option, as we all do , we dont eat quailes eggs and caviar everyday do we, no we eat cheaper options that we can get in the local supermarket,,, its

exactly the same scenario,

The cage measures 1m wide by 1m high by 1.2 long, i know theirs more in a cage than a bag as we have done both. selling at £60 a cage all hard wood mostly Sycamore/Ash + delivery

Agree too cheap,better to start off too high and reduce if needed then too low. Danger is now if you increase your price to £100 plus you'll loose your existing customers.

You have to be able to sit on em if need be, took me a few years to build up a good customer base, I never advertise just word of mouth, my missus thought I was mental when I bought processor but it's paid for itself many times and still goin strong. Patience young Padawan !!

I like yer style Obewan ...:001_smile:

Hi John, problem is by the time we have split them up i could do to shift them as they are taking up too much space, cant win lol

Your charging to little for that amount of firewood if it was thrown I would want 140. Have you advertised? How much do you have? When it gets cold it will sell if I was you I would save it till it's real cold then charge 150 a crate.

The time it takes us to split a cage + fuel etc i thought i was making a decent bit. Problem is i can easily price myself out of the market, the dearest i have seen them sold at is £80 a cube. if your selling wood in an already saturated area holding high prices no matter how good the product is surely means your wasting your time?