Swine Flu

Highland Forestry

we found maisey had it @ 5 but we had to force the doctors in to doing somthing just keept giving her medicine poor lass was couhging her guts up @ 1,point not sleeping then after causing a scene & 2,nd appiniune lass gets a blue inhaler then on to brown if it didnt inprove that after telling the docs it was in the family may down to been a farming thing :confused1:

I started getting asthma at 35 and my young son got croup. Eventually worked it down to dry rot under bedroom floor. Cured rot all problems went. Then two years later symptoms came back, checked under floor rot back. Ripped room apart inc plaster joists everything about 3 years ago. No problems since. I have noticed if we get wood in thats rotten, can bring problems on if we buy quality cord wood no problem. A long shot but worth a mention.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sister has gone down with swine flu today, Looks like ill be staying away from her for a while!!

Her temperature went threw the roof and she's said shes felt really tired/no energy all day, she works at the uni in manchester so they have a strict dont come in work policy, so she got sent home via the tamiflu drop in place and has been told to just rest for a week and she should be reet.

My sister has gone down with swine flu today, Looks like ill be staying away from her for a while!!

my 2 year old son, came over all funny on sunday eve. feared the worst, he was crying, wouldn't eat, wanting to go to bed then started coughing with a high temp. went on the flu pandemic website and followed the questionairre. According to his symptoms he had swine flu, so got the code and went to pick up the tamiflu. he wakes up this morning and is still not 100 % but has eaten loads, drank a fair bit of liquid, no coughing and the fever has gone down a bit.

so far so good...

I didn't give him the tamiflu as I would prefer to be sure he has it rather than waste it on something with similar symptoms, like teething...

but it is there should it be needed.

Man, if he could talk properly, would make these sort of things so much easier...

Also, it seems the official stance is to carry on your daily routine, work, school etc. unless you have any symptoms.

what have other people been told if family members have been confirmed to have the virus?

Edited by Rich Rule

:thumbdown:Oh and antibiotics don't help u when uve got a virus!!!!!!!:thumbdown:

Sorry I missed this earlier.

The reason I mentioned antibiotics in relation to flue deaths, is that flue deaths are normally cause by secondary infections, such as pneumonia, which are bacterial and that is why before 1942 (when penicillin was discovered) flue was a much bigger killer.

Hows he doing Rich????

Mine are fully recovered now, phew!!

a lot better thank mate. :001_cool: he has a more of a cough and still a bit lethargic. The temperature has gone down but he is still not 100%, but has his appetite back and seems to be getting there.

FTR I didn't give him the tamiflu, just a cough mixture and a bit of calpol.

a lot better thank mate. :001_cool: he has a more of a cough and still a bit lethargic. The temperature has gone down but he is still not 100%, but has his appetite back and seems to be getting there.

FTR I didn't give him the tamiflu, just a cough mixture and a bit of calpol.

We started giving my 6 year old the tamiflu, but it made her vomit, so we stopped, never even got it for the 4 year old.

We started giving my 6 year old the tamiflu, but it made her vomit, so we stopped, never even got it for the 4 year old.

yeah we didn't bother as it seems there are a lot of possible side effects, so why endure them unless absolutely necessary.

we didn't try as he (in some ways is a dream child) doesn't really like sweet things and the tamiflu apparently tastes bitter so stick it on some jam or something. no joy, he prefers broccoli to sweet stuff. :001_tongue:

glad your two are back to normal. you have 3 right? did the last one get it aswell?

Nice to hear everyone is doing well :thumbup1:

Is it not as contagious as they make out ie have any of you parents caught it from the kids yet?

It seems it affects mainly those under 14 years, it is likely that there was an earlier, less serious, stain of the virus around 14 or so years ago, so if you had that you will have some immunity.

Obviously there will be some older people who never had the earlier strain, so are still at risk.