Twins.

Orchard

My days have gone from 06:30 to 17:00 to 09:30 to 15:30 and no time for servicing, sharpening, quotes and general paper work either. Someone wrote 'clean me' on my van yesterday which is a total first!!!

I get in from work and I am given one of them which usually means one of them get a mouthful of saw dust!! Glad to hear am not alone as I thought we were struggling but it sounds like we are all in the same boat!

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1415436233.899366.jpg.e04f9ded3682561c93017551d9e7f336.jpg

They look all peaceful and quiet here but they are not!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only bit of helpful advice I can offer is, make sure you know how to get subtitles on the telly, because you wont be able to follow the movie if youve got two up all night teething.

(My girls are 21 now so Im a bit smug, I did think we had finally made it through when all four could put their own shoes on, but it was a false dawn!!. Good luck, make as much time to enjoy as you can)

I have twin nieces, my brother-in-law stayed home while his wife worked. I had a daughter a little older than them, and remember what he went through. Here are some things he did to make life easier:

Ferberize them. I did it with my daughter when she was older, they thought it was great and used the Ferber method with the twins.

Tin foil over the bedroom window, nap times at specific hours.

Both were sat in bouncy seats and he would sit in front, feeding them their bottles at exactly the same time. When they could sit up, both were eating in the highchairs at the same time.

Give them a bath at 9 p.m. every night, with lavender. Then put them to bed and let them cry it out.

There are many other tricks he had, but these are the key ones. Do everything at once or you will be feeding, changing, bathing non stop for the next 2 years. Let them cry it out so you can teach them a routine and that it's ok to be unhappy.

Let someone else care for them one evening a week so you can go out with your wife.

Routine s absolutely critical or you will crack up. I have 3 lids who are now 19, 17 and 12. From day one it was bath, bottle and bed about 7.30. Don't keep them up late to make sure they are tired and then crash out. Babies love routine and it sets them up for when they are older. You need your own time and a routine with dishes, washing, bottles etc is also important. We took it in turn to feed them. One of us would sleep all night and the other would do the 2am feed. By the time of the third one we had it down to an excellent routine and were very slick at the whole game.

Good luck with them

Aye, routine is very important.

They go down at 7 and that's it.

Stories and milk with the big girl, then she's away for 730.

Time we've cooked tea, washed up, showered, sorted bottles etc. we've got about 30 minutes left to have a normal life.

Then it's off to bed for a few hours of wild sex.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

you are blessed if they both sleep together and are fed together.i remember the times of sterilising 24 bottles a day and buying milk powder in cases.our had the habit of feed one change put to bed ,then as your eyes were closing number two woke up and needed feeding and changing . so a four hour cycle became a two hour cycle ... bliss.

one night after a long hard day i crashed out at 6pm and was woken by my daughter trying to get milk out of my tit... no result but the picture will remain in my head for a long time. wife and twins in a kinsize is dangerous!!!!!

Ha ha disturbing stuff! Ours are opposite so I am with you as one goes down one is just beginning to get ready for feed! Then one of them has reflux so he needs keeping upright for an hour after a feed! Honest I have never been so tired in my life!!

Will keep battling on!

Totally sympathise with you with twins ,my Mrs became the most uncivilized human being on the planet after 2nd child ,I do help by taking them school,swimming and ju jist u on Wednesday and Thursday hence working Saturdays to make ends meet and its still not enough .

BUT I WOULD NOT swap it for all the tea in china.

AGain routine is the secret .

Ste

I remember well our first baby born 19 years ago. He had colic for the first 6 weeks and didn't sleep for longer than an hour at a time. Wife and I were both totally zombified. My mum took him for a night so I could go to my secretaty's daughter's engagement party. It was probably a good night but as we were both so tired we were tucked up in bed sleeping by ten oclock!