562 High to filter for 560 .

Stubby

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HI STEVE can you not remap it then hows it going no when you port it hows it going to no this thanks jon :thumbup:

The autotune runs off rpm, so if the limiter is activated it adds more fuel, if it doesn't reach max rpm, it adds less fuel, it's a very simple process! If you wanted to 'remap' the saw, you'd have to delimit the coil first

HI STEVE can you not remap it then hows it going no when you port it hows it going to no this thanks jon :thumbup:

Same way it works out how much fuel/air to give it when the saw picks up, hits wood, boggs down a bit etc.

The autotune just takes in what is going on with the saw and makes adjustments to make the most power for the situation the saw is in.

The only issue I have is that you have NO control over what the autotune is doing and if the saw does something it shouldn't - idle too low/high/ bogging ..... you have no way of adjusting it.:thumbdown:

Porting and seeing if the autotune will work and make the porting work perform is a matter of suck it and see which is why I haven't done one to date as it could be an expensive mistake with a customer saw.

A muffler mod works and the autotune accommodates it but we shall see what happens to Eddies and Mattys saws one done - a £300 top end wouuld be an expensive mistake if the saw didn't take to the mods but would say it is unlikely!

The autotune runs off rpm, so if the limiter is activated it adds more fuel, if it doesn't reach max rpm, it adds less fuel, it's a very simple process! If you wanted to 'remap' the saw, you'd have to delimit the coil first

I am pretty sure that the saw will also have variable ignition advance and not a built in set curve like standard coils. These saws have two sets of magnets on the flywheel which is different from normal saws - to re-map, you would need to reprogram the electronics with what to do in different scenarios and that is if you knew which programming language these things work on and if the logic was understood- it isn't JUST about maximum revs with these things.

I know Wyk had some issues with his MS241bogging down but had great top end power. Easy to adjust with a normal carb but with the autotune...no idea:confused1: We banged around some ideas, not sure if they helped or not.

I am pretty sure that the saw will also have variable ignition advance and not a built in set curve like standard coils. These saws have two sets of magnets on the flywheel which is different from normal saws - to re-map, you would need to reprogram the electronics with what to do in different scenarios and that is if you knew which programming language these things work on and if the logic was understood- it isn't JUST about maximum revs with these things.

I know Wyk had some issues with his MS241bogging down but had great top end power. Easy to adjust with a normal carb but with the autotune...no idea:confused1: We banged around some ideas, not sure if they helped or not.

The autotune has 3 settings; idle, wot and under-load. It has 2 throttle position sensors; closed and open, at open it tunes to wot unless the rpm is at cutting speed (8-12k rpm). I'm not sure on the ignition advance, the Americans seem to have great success advancing the timing the usual way, so I assume it's no different to a normal saw, the second set of magnets is probably to keep some sort of current going to the processor. We aren't yet at a stage where chainsaws are as advanced as cars, they would need a separate power unit!

Husqvarna UK was based in Stonehouse in Gloucesterhire, it was taken over by the a group company, it is now controled by by the Aycliffe Flymo factory, where they also control Jonsered, Mcculloch,Partner Consumer,and Gardena, the only products they do not control is Husqvarna Construction,Diamont Boart.

Husky was based at Stonehouse but were pushed for space. First they farmed out the spares distribution to distri part at the flymo factory site. Then after a wordwide review of operations it was decided in England it was more efficient to have everything in one place so operations at Stonehouse were moved to the flymo factory. Construction are still at Stonehouse though.

As for fitting the 562 filter i doubt much deference would be noticed, apart from the fact that you are replacing an old filter with a new one.

Not necessarily correct, it effectively doubles the filtration area (doubling the air intake), this is why Americans use huge air filters!