insurance

kindlett

At the black isle show this year a local supplier of kiln dried logs decided to put hundreds/thousands of flyers out in the car park under people's wipers. Not sure if they had permission from the show organisers, doubt it.

Unfortunately they used cheap double sided flyers, there was a little rain during the day and half the paper stuck itself to the windscreens!

The car park fields were full of people at 5pm trying to scrape the cr@p off. Not the best advert for your business! :001_rolleyes:

Legend:lol:

I would have thought that the phone call could be traced these days by the authorities. The problem is there is no hard evidence that would stand up in court, just your word against an accused. No way that would ever get to court.

Some sort of recording device on the phone, then repeat but 5 houses at a time. Record the following phone call, that should be enough to get the perpetrator at least fined/bound over to keep the peace.

A

my yard is 100 meters away from my house on the back i have cctv,I live in a small village where we are all like one big family accept for phew who have moved there and decided not to mix with the locals ,but they are all respectable folk ,the flyers were put in the next village 2 mile away ,which i no 80% of the locals there as well ,this is why i'm shocked ,i put one in a kebab shop in pwllheli town next to a wanna be logman's flyer doing the job as a side line for beer money to many of that sort where i am ,it's wrong as us guy's who are in the business full time have to pay tax on what we earn .these benefit cheats or anyone who already has a full time job and don't declare there logs money to the tax man and sell them to cheap we want proper money for a cube of logs not beer money ,i think it could be someone who is doing it for beer money might of had one thru his door a friend told me last winter logman doing it for beer took my flyer down off the notice board in the local pub ,i'v have 90%of the retail shops and garage fourcourts in my area also a few good campsite's in summer months i have a gurantee income there but over the last 3 seasons i'm pushing more on the loose loads with are unique way of delivering cubes in plastic containers with wheels on them that hold half a cube we put a cube any where are customers want them free of charge and give free bag of kindling with every order i think this bum needs to realize whom he is dealing with ,hope he is reading this thread if you are take a tip grow up live and let live and keep your nose out of my buisness ,I have a friend with a security compay whom is visiting the yard if i'm away on the weekend ,a close friend of mine who is police officer has took a statement, I use to be a security officer in the midlands in the 1990's ,so between us this litttle rat will get caught look out for more flyers in the ll537yp area ,every luck to all in the area whom are trading legally as firewood merchants and paying tax on there earnings and to the rest of you dream on i started with nothing and a saw and a small axe for kindling and a load of pallets windblown timber and a big load of elbow grease from a farming family myself bean taught how to graft from when i was very young carried hay from the age of 9 picked potatoes on my knees when i was 10 .thank you all for your advice and comments .

Edited by kindlett

I would have thought that the phone call could be traced these days by the authorities. The problem is there is no hard evidence that would stand up in court, just your word against an accused. No way that would ever get to court.

Some sort of recording device on the phone, then repeat but 5 houses at a time. Record the following phone call, that should be enough to get the perpetrator at least fined/bound over to keep the peace.

A

Ye of cause the police have not got enough to do have they ?

Tracing a call for threatening behaviour:lol::lol: