Tree Work at Height - draft new Industry Code of Practice

daltontrees

Just beene mailed through from AA today, draft of the Industry Code of Practice for consultation. I imagine AA Tech Paul would have posted it up anyway, but the call for expression of interests about it a while ago was hidden away in the AA section so I am just thumping it on the pub table here.

It's a chance for all the SRT afficionados to have their say, for example (yes SRT is mentioned as valid, but with some limitations).

Don't contact me about it, I'm just flagging it up. The AA site has a feedback survey thing online.

I'm generally intersted to see what folk think. It can only be a good thing, but only if it has the buy-in of the average saw-monkey and brash-rat.

ICoP for Arboriculture Draft for Consultation now available - - Arboricultural Association

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick bump up...

Has anyone looked at this and if they did what did they think? Does anyone think we need a Code of Practice and would they use it? Anyone going to reply directly to AA?

I am just curious but a bit alarmed at the lack of comment so far, despite lots of views.

Anyone...?

I perused it for as long as I could bear.

It reminded why I love tree work.

You can get on with it without all these guidelines, assessments codes of practice etc.

I dread the day that the hi viz brigade get their claws into it and take all the fun away.

the AA can sit round a table and draft all the documents they please, they might as well play sudoko for all the difference it will make for the huge majority of tree workers.

I perused it for as long as I could bear.

It reminded why I love tree work.

You can get on with it without all these guidelines, assessments codes of practice etc.

I dread the day that the hi viz brigade get their claws into it and take all the fun away.

the AA can sit round a table and draft all the documents they please, they might as well play sudoko for all the difference it will make for the huge majority of tree workers.

Much as I felt after the first reading, I am struggling (and I mean struggling internally between not wanting people to get hurt and wanting to get on with getting the job done) to see who will be grabbed by the document.