ripped?

bill

I hate stripping down carbs, soooo easy to lose a little fiddly bit somewhere, and its usually on a weekend when I cant get the very fiddly bit I just lost. Never again!! well maybe just the diaphragm change, but no further for me!! Just so much easier to take the saw in and let someone else have the hassle. The downtime I can waste, could be earning more than the cost of a repair.

true, most Stihl technicians I know just whack new carbs on, its cheaper than spending hours fault finding, most times.

Probably not the best advice, I could give, but sometimes have a go is good approach.

I dismantled the accelerator pump on my 250 only to watch the little brass barrel and spring ping into the distance never to be found again.

If you want I can take a 200t carb apart and take some pictures?

Please,but no pic's of it carrying branches.....its not a crane!

sorry only kidding:wave:

one of my dealers charged me 150!! for an ms200 servive ...the other 80 for a full service on an husky 288xp inc filters and drive sprocket fully stripped down and cleaned and tuned on a tacho the cheaper did the better job the first will never touch a saw of mine again,70 pounds dont seem unreasonable...