The Pitfalls Of Importing !

forestry

I am not really putting up a very good argument as I cant be bothered to debate with someone called forestry who does not actually excist. No company name, No email address, location or website address anywhere. For all I know a 14 year old kid.

Steve, your right, your not really putting up a very good argument !

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not really putting up a very good argument as I cant be bothered to debate with someone called forestry who does not actually excist. No company name, No email address, location or website address anywhere. For all I know a 14 year old kid.

I assumed Forestry was the guy advertising on arbtalk with the banner at the top of the page. Does not bother me whether it is or is not.

Steve, I am not trying to hide a anything, simply because I chose not to add my details on Arbtalk means zip.

To be fair, it would not be very difficult to see exactly who I am by looking at previous posts on other threads.

Here, this should help you put up a better argument -

Niall Whyte

Managing Director

The Real Firewood Co Ltd

Cairnhill Farm

DUNS

TD11 3LT

Email - [email protected]

Steve, I am not trying to hide a anything, simply because I chose not to add my details on Arbtalk means zip.

To be fair, it would not be very difficult to see exactly who I am by looking at previous posts on other threads.

Niall Whyte

Managing Director

The Real Firewood Co Ltd

Cairnhill Farm

DUNS

TD11 3LT

I hear what you say and have no argument with you. I see your set up and see why you do what you do. If I still did logs I would look into the same arrangement.

Very few people make a decent generator in the uk and those that do are 30% more expensive so I cant sell them.

Just seems a shame we pay people to sit on their backsides and drag low cost heavy materials thousands of miles rather than invest produce and compete in our own work force.

I hear what you say and have no argument with you. I see your set up and see why you do what you do. If I still did logs I would look into the same arrangement.

Very few people make a decent generator in the uk and those that do are 30% more expensive so I cant sell them.

Just seems a shame we pay people to sit on their backsides and drag low cost heavy materials thousands of miles rather than invest produce and compete in our own work force.

:thumbup: Bravo sir!

Had a look at your website and I must say its very professional and the product and delivery method seem to be quality, You have a good looking set up. How come you don't advertise the fact proudly that the timber is sourced, cut and packaged from Latvia?

I cant say that I agree with this business model, the idea of importing potential bugs and nasties into the UK goes against the grain for me, but having spent the day stewing over it I'm going to drop from this thread now and agree to disagree.

Niall Whyte

Managing Director

The Real Firewood Co Ltd

Cairnhill Farm

DUNS

TD11 3LT

:thumbup::thumbup1::laugh1::lol:

Steve,

I also understand your argument and your frustration when we both know that the UK has much under utilised and unmanaged woodland that could fill the void in the supply of pre packaged kiln dried firewood( or truly seasoned ) It probably has more to do with the fact that the firewood market in the UK has changed so much in the last 5 years with consumers being much more aware of the sense in burning good dry firewood. That is not me saying we do not have that in the UK, that is me saying we need folk to realise this and produce what the customer is now asking for. For me I am not a " at the coalface producer", I am merely a company marketing it, and the commonsense way for me to do this is to find a producer who can supply me with the product I need. I was serious in an earlier post when I said I would switch to a UK supplier tomorrow if they can supply me with an equal product at a similar price.

:thumbup: Bravo sir!

Had a look at your website and I must say its very professional and the product and delivery method seem to be quality, You have a good looking set up. How come you don't advertise the fact proudly that the timber is sourced, cut and packaged from Latvia?

I cant say that I agree with this business model, the idea of importing potential bugs and nasties into the UK goes against the grain for me, but having spent the day stewing over it I'm going to drop from this thread now and agree to disagree.

Normandy,

I admire your honesty and your strong views on Bio Security.

I can only try to reassure you we take our bio security responsibilities seriously and do our best for the Latvian's who work for our suppliers. I personally visit them in Latvia on a regular basis and visit all production sites if for nothing else other than my own piece of mind.

We also have drying schedules available to us for every container entering the UK.

Agreed, we disagree. :001_smile: