No stihl or husky's what would you be using today ???

predator

now thats funny i thought jonsered was a h copy and was owned by h at one time and i did,nt know electrolux had anything to do with chainsaws

Electrolux has owned Husqvarna since late 1970s. Tanaka and Komatsu Zenoah would be alternatives although Electrolux also acquired Zenoah in 2007. I like the thought of Makita and Dolmar, they look compact and well built and spares are available. I have a heavy old Dynamac (Efco) DY41 which is very solidly made.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

husky,flymo,mc culloch , jonsered all owned by electrolux, i believe jonsered and dolmar were around before husqvarna (chainsaws anyway ) please correct me if im wrong and correct me if im wrong again but arnt some solo saws made by dolmar ??

dolmar have been around a very long time. did have some without chainguards. at one time that was all that was sold by the agriculture dealers or solo. never saw a sthil or husky before the arb shops came about. other make was oleo mac very good saws.

that makes me old. and when scats was a agricuture store not a country hoora store. or should i say mole valley farmers now.

thats when ford 4000 were about. at Curtis and padwicks winchester proper agricuture shop not only sold tractors but everthing you need for a farm.

if there was a local dealer like to see the new dolmar but nearest is over in west sussex to far. hence not got a foot hold. mitox seem to be sold more and more.

husky,flymo,mc culloch , jonsered all owned by electrolux, i believe jonsered and dolmar were around before husqvarna (chainsaws anyway ) please correct me if im wrong and correct me if im wrong again but arnt some solo saws made by dolmar ??

solo and dolmar did work together on some models

the solo 690 and 694 share alot of parts with the dolmar 9000 and 9010

the solo 680 and 681 share alot of parts with the dolmar 7900 and 7910

sachs dolmar made saws for poulan and they made a full range of chainsaws for pro-mac Mcculloch

:thumbup::thumbup:

I still take me Dolmar 153 for a run out now and then when I am feeling fit ,the difference in weight between my ms880 is incredible,proper mans saws are them old Dolmars.

Trying to upload pic on its last outing with it baby brothers too but my phone not avin any of it .

Ste