7"-8" on a turntable

Ty Korrigan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had spotted that Jensen and a lovely gravely chipper on eBay, it's a gamble with older machines with no warranty.

Cost of repairs is 1 thing but downtime is far more costly in reality especially since we get a lot of time sensitive jobs that might have taken months to book for a road closure so reliability and back up is playing a big part in what I decided to do at the moment.

I had spotted that Jensen and a lovely gravely chipper on eBay, it's a gamble with older machines with no warranty.

Cost of repairs is 1 thing but downtime is far more costly in reality especially since we get a lot of time sensitive jobs that might have taken months to book for a road closure so reliability and back up is playing a big part in what I decided to do at the moment.

Jensen are reliable solid machines, can't go wrong with a a540.

It is clear that in the U.K there are bargains to be had in the used market.

However, there is very little chance of being able to import a pre-october 2012 chipper into France and get it through the registration process here.

If I ever had a shunt on the Rennes ringroad with a non registered non insured roadtow I'd be kicking myself just for the sake of a few grand.

Ty

True, but a saving of 20 plus grand can pay for a lot of rental if it does have a few issues. If you keep the Quadchip you'll always have a back up, plus the smaller chipper for domestic small scale stuff where 68hp is overkill.

Just musings really. Your circus, your monkeys.

But in fairness the CS100 isn't a serious tree surgery contractors machine.

I think it is! If you do a lot of domestic stuff or narrow access jobs then that is your circus! I spoke to a guy who does for Network Rail and is looking at one for his operation!

I didn't do a great deal of domestic or back yard work but I still got two discs that try to pop out and they are possibly a result of being a brash rat!