Compact tractor and tipping trailer

keptenjim

Just to clarify if you can uprate the tipping ram to a double acting one. Some just need a hydraulic pipe and fittings.

A single acting only has a pipe at one end wheras a double has one at each end.

The oil supply will not be a problem as the ram will always be full of oil and not deprive the tractors supply. As long as you commission the ram full off oil or top up the tractor after doing a few cycles.

Double acting work in both directions by forcing in oil at one end which ejects equal quantity out the other of the cylinder and vice versa.

I would get the spool setup. Not a pto pump.

I will post a photo of a spool on a kubota tomorrow if I remember to take them.

Edited by Goaty

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify if you can uprate the tipping ram to a double acting one. Some just need a hydraulic pipe and fittings.

A single acting only has a pipe at one end wheras a double has one at each end.

The oil supply will not be a problem as the ram will always be full of oil and not deprive the tractors supply. As long as you commission the ram full off oil or top up the tractor after doing a few cycles.

Double acting work in both directions by forcing in oil at one end which ejects equal quantity out the other of the cylinder and vice versa.

I would get the spool setup. Not a pto pump.

I will post a photo of a spool on a kubota tomorrow if I remember to take them.

Would a double-acting ram on the trailer require a twin spool valve unit to operate it? Also, my tractor might have a suitable oil supply to operate the single action ram? What quantity hydraulic oil supply do these small compact tractors normally have?

where the lever for working the three point linkage is, there is usually a facility to take an output to operate a single acting tipper ram( it works in conjunction with the three point linkage) have a good look in your manual, or check out other kubota tractors

Thanks for all the info.. I'll have to check out all these things when I get back home. Unfortunately, being a grey import, I don't have a manual for it. What my tractor does have is a 'Monroematic' levelling system. There are two hydraulic pipes that are connected to a hydraulic ram that adjusts the level of the right lever of the 3-pin linkage. I don't know if I can incorporate that system into a system for a tipper.

Took a photo of an older B6100 kubota, the others looked a similar setup. I have outlined the simple banjo union for the spool pipe. This is only a single acting.

I believe you turn the vale to the right of it. Then hold the 3 pt linkage lever up to pump fluid through it.

View is looking under the seat from gear level which is partly visible in bottom right corner, towards the rear.

Sorry about picture quality.

IMG_1254.jpg.7e2bf6a55e2acbdb453cd144eb8ff8f3.jpg

Took a photo of an older B6100 kubota, the others looked a similar setup. I have outlined the simple banjo union for the spool pipe. This is only a single acting.

I believe you turn the vale to the right of it. Then hold the 3 pt linkage lever up to pump fluid through it.

View is looking under the seat from gear level which is partly visible in bottom right corner, towards the rear.

Sorry about picture quality.

Hi Goaty - thanks for the pic. I'll check out my tractor when I get back home. If I wanted to fit a double spool valve, where would the 2 spool pipes be connected to in that case. assuming my tractor had more or less the same configuration as the one in your pic?

Hi Goaty - thanks for the pic. I'll check out my tractor when I get back home. If I wanted to fit a double spool valve, where would the 2 spool pipes be connected to in that case. assuming my tractor had more or less the same configuration as the one in your pic?

You'd need to plumb a new double acting spool valve into the circuit. This also means that to make the circuit you need a return- often a pipe going straight into a port on the back end of the tractor somewhere.

As Doobin says for double acting you need a proper valve block. I fitted one to an iseki compact and another on a case full size tractor. its DIY able as long as you are competent at such.

A proper spool valve always has a hydraulic flow running to it, whereas the picture type above is open valve manually then pull lever.

Probably around £200