Tesco going down what do you all think thanks

mendiplogs

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Food is cheap at the moment, people would be moaning if food was twice the price. Its a tricky one, people want cheap food yet they still want tesco to fail, and its not just tesco all of them are the same. Who here can honestly put their hand up and say they only shop at the local greengrocer/farm shop/fishmonger etc. I don t but I could if I actually made the effort and spent more money too, so its either one or the other IMO. Any company as large as Tesco is going to be making massive profits so I don't know how much of an argument that is?

Think they call it Karma Jon, about time they had a taste of their own medicine . Tesco have killed the high street shops. Sod em

This is my point tho. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with how the situation is but Tesco simply cater for what people want and that has killed the high street shops, if people didn't want it then tesco etc wouldn't be surviving.

Think they call it Karma Jon, about time they had a taste of their own medicine . Tesco have killed the high street shops. Sod em

Agree, but its not just Tesco killing the butchers/bakers/greengrocers etc its peoples different way of life as opposed to say the 60,s. They havnt time to go to 3 or 4 different shops,so its one big hit at the supermarket. Plus getting parked at any butchers etc is near impossible.

This is my point tho. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with how the situation is but Tesco simply cater for what people want and that has killed the high street shops, if people didn't want it then tesco etc wouldn't be surviving.

Understand that completely we are or most of us use Tesco, but near where I live near Cheddar they had butchers, cake shops and your local corner shops. Tesco express moved in and now they are gone and those shops were there for years.

Food is cheap at the moment, people would be moaning if food was twice the price. Its a tricky one, people want cheap food yet they still want tesco to fail, and its not just tesco all of them are the same. Who here can honestly put their hand up and say they only shop at the local greengrocer/farm shop/fishmonger etc. I don t but I could if I actually made the effort and spent more money too, so its either one or the other IMO. Any company as large as Tesco is going to be making massive profits so I don't know how much of an argument that is?

Tesco are not as cheap as you think. If you use your loçal butcher etc you will often find that they (local butcher) are in fact cheaper for the same quality cut of meat. Unless of course you prefer the water filled chicken breast!!

Agree, but its not just Tesco killing the butchers/bakers/greengrocers etc its peoples different way of life as opposed to say the 60,s. They havnt time to go to 3 or 4 different shops,so its one big hit at the supermarket. Plus getting parked at any butchers etc is near impossible.

I maybe wrong but you have to be a certain age to remember what the high street used to be like when we were kids? It used to be friendlier

Understand that completely we are or most of us use Tesco, but near where I live near Cheddar they had butchers, cake shops and your local corner shops. Tesco express moved in and now they are gone and those shops were there for years.

:thumbup1: Lets face it most shoppers are women, not being sexist but they watch the adverts and believe that Tesco/sainsburys etc sell all the best quality meat etc. My wife shops at a Tesco , but she passes a brilliant farm shop selling local quality veg and fruit, and an excellent butchers but never uses one of them and now im going to punch her in the face:laugh1: joking apart a lot of people men or women seem to think that only supermarkets sell food?