Tesco going down what do you all think thanks

mendiplogs

Hi Jon ,

Not a fan of polish donkey meat :)

It may be a delicacy in some places

But it ll never catch on round our way :)

I do have time for Sainsburys , we do charity fundraising with them and they are awesome... They supply all our centres with free food (short sell by and damaged packaging) from all their stores in the midlands...

They genuinely care about putting back into the community..

Thanks.. Timon

HI TIMON your right our local sainsburys do loads of work for local charity and the local community and so they should it best way i think to all try and get on it no good ripping people in the end people get fed up with it and this is going at TESCO thanks timon jon :thumbup:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my relatives worked in their 'Acquisitions' department until two years ago.

They buy up land as an investment (not only for superstores) and also so that the other companies CANT buy it.

He recons they own far more pieces of land which are unused than they have supermarkets

They never approach the land vendors directly, always through an agent to avoid price hiking.

The bottom line is If people will not get off their posteriors look at the alternatives then the lard-arsed penny pinchers will continue to line the pockets of Tesco and co in exchange for cheap food to expand their profile.

Tesco, please.... stop selling flanelette and lycra clothes in sizes above 14

I buy meat from the butcher, have a pint of milk a day delivered by a milkman and my wife bakes most of our bread. We buy a lot of our veg from the local greengrocer what we don't grow ourselves and I buy beer and a bottle of red wine from either Tesco or Lidl whichever is cheaper or handiest at the time. We used to use Aldi as well but you can't get near it now for Yuppies or whatever they are called now. I don't use Tesco fuel as there is always a queue to get in there and I never qualify for more than 2p off a litre anyway so I'd be queueing to save 40p, no thanks. We also shop at the Co-op as we like 99 loose leaf tea, proper stuff.

It's all well and good hoping Tescos or any big chain goes under but if they do, what then happens to all the farmers, Dairy/meat or veg that supply exclusively their goods to these supermarkets? I know two dairy farmers that supply milk exclusively to Tescos and are constantly screwed down on price but have no other options to sell to. If Tesco's drop them as suppliers then they will go under as they have no one else to sell to and have invested heavily in equipment and standards to meet Tesco's demands.

WHilst they may not be the best company in the world they do keep a huge amount of the country financially afloat.

One of my relatives worked in their 'Acquisitions' department until two years ago.

They buy up land as an investment (not only for superstores) and also so that the other companies CANT buy it.

He recons they own far more pieces of land which are unused than they have supermarkets

They never approach the land vendors directly, always through an agent to avoid price hiking.

The bottom line is If people will not get off their posteriors look at the alternatives then the lard-arsed penny pinchers will continue to line the pockets of Tesco and co in exchange for cheap food to expand their profile.

Your last bit made me chuckle :) nice one

all i can say is stupid enough to pay someone to predict how much there going to earn in the coming two years it like me saying to everyone on here don't worry to much ass we are all on here going to get a 50 thousand pound worth of work each by the end of next year

Hi mate I no tesco buy up land 10 years ago then done that in shepton mellet buying all the land so no other super store can move in but now others like sainsburys and others are far better thanks Jon

I buy meat from the butcher, have a pint of milk a day delivered by a milkman and my wife bakes most of our bread. We buy a lot of our veg from the local greengrocer what we don't grow ourselves and I buy beer and a bottle of red wine from either Tesco or Lidl whichever is cheaper or handiest at the time. We used to use Aldi as well but you can't get near it now for Yuppies or whatever they are called now. I don't use Tesco fuel as there is always a queue to get in there and I never qualify for more than 2p off a litre anyway so I'd be queueing to save 40p, no thanks. We also shop at the Co-op as we like 99 loose leaf tea, proper stuff.

Hi pea that's the way we have done it for years but there's ours out there that can not do this as some may say it cost to much but I find it cheaper to go to a good local butcher thanks all Jon