What saw for 20 large leylandii

cornish wood burner

Not well spoken if you don't even know that a telehandler needs a 6 monthly inspection to lift a man cage.

The trees will be dismantled not just tipped over as said so again not well spoken.

Please explain what the difference is between the pro on our payroll and the pro that will visit. My man who will be doing the cutting is a qualified tree climber with probabably more experience than a lot on this forum. Personally I have been using saws for 40 years for timber cutting and maintenance then my own firewood so not a complete stranger to felling trees. Obviously we need a 18 inch bar and around 60 cc to drive it ,the rest is variable.

The purpose of this thread was to get a recommendation of which saws represent good value and are reliabile from those that give them high useage.

That was well said ! . I don't understand why when some one asks a question some people ( not all ) seem to think they are complete idiots . When you asked the question I gave you a couple of option in answer to the question . Nothing more . :001_smile:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was well said ! . I don't understand why when some one asks a question some people ( not all ) seem to think they are complete idiots . When you asked the question I gave you a couple of option in answer to the question . Nothing more . :001_smile:

Thanks for your info and support Stubby. Helpfull as always you have restored my faith in this forum.

Finally I would like to thank everyone who provided usefull information about both saws and leylandii.

Kev

Thanks for the offer but I am sure you realise my request for a price was a light hearted response to Dog Tags silky them out in a day. Its a huge amount of work and I could never sell that to management while we have the in-house skill.

As you are local, if you are ever in the Saltash area and would like to look around at our wood yard and biomass boilers give me a call on 07971794675. Unless you are the Kev that left us a couple of years ago,in which case you are still welcome but probably seen it all before.

Thanks for your info and support Stubby. Helpfull as always you have restored my faith in this forum.

Finally I would like to thank everyone who provided usefull information about both saws and leylandii.

Kev

Thanks for the offer but I am sure you realise my request for a price was a light hearted response to Dog Tags silky them out in a day. Its a huge amount of work and I could never sell that to management while we have the in-house skill.

As you are local, if you are ever in the Saltash area and would like to look around at our wood yard and biomass boilers give me a call on 07971794675. Unless you are the Kev that left us a couple of years ago,in which case you are still welcome but probably seen it all before.

Nice one! Like to see the biomass boiler!! No, I'm not the Kev that left, I'm a different one! I'm working just over the bridge this week, just as you pass the concrete pillar towards the toll booth, look right, you'll see a very prominent line of Mont Pine, started back after a fortnight off today! Harsh! Whereabouts in Saltash are you??

Nice one! Like to see the biomass boiler!! No, I'm not the Kev that left, I'm a different one! I'm working just over the bridge this week, just as you pass the concrete pillar towards the toll booth, look right, you'll see a very prominent line of Mont Pine, started back after a fortnight off today! Harsh! Whereabouts in Saltash are you??

Near Pillaton if you know where that is. About 6 or 7 miles Callington direction from the bridge. Left at Hatt. Give me a call before you come though . We have other sites and I might be there.

As your man that will be using the saw if he's experienced he'll have a personal preference as to what saw he needs/wants to do the job

You're right of course. We are starting off with a T540XP as the trees are bigger than we remember and climbing is involved We both have and prefer Huskys so not a hard decision. Just wanted to make sure that we pick the right one or ones. FR Jones sale as suggested on here is perfect timing.

No disrepect but this is an accident waiting to happen. People watch the experienced operatops at work and often think 'I can do that'.

I doubt the person doing the felling will have all the legally required qualifications to carry out the planned operations, the telehandler has it been annually inspected - the list goes on......

Your employer will also be culpable should an accident occur.

Some well qualified experienced posters have freely given their advice on the Forum and you would be well advised to follow it.

Pay a Tree Surgeon to tip them over - it will be money well spent!

CVouldnt agree more

PM sent btw:001_smile:

If you're going to the APF Cornish, it'll be even cheaper to buy a saw off jonsie, and if not, you can order one online whilst you're there. For what use you will be doing, I'd get the 365, it's cheaper than the 560xp and can quite easily be modded into a 372xp

If you're going to the APF Cornish, it'll be even cheaper to buy a saw off jonsie, and if not, you can order one online whilst you're there. For what use you will be doing, I'd get the 365, it's cheaper than the 560xp and can quite easily be modded into a 372xp

Not going to the APF but as you say the 365 is cheaper and gives more scope for the future. Little heavier is the only downside I can see. Fr Jones is doing a deal until end of sept so good price now. At the risk of stirring things up again a T540xp is top of our list then we will work down to a 365.

Regards and thanks for the constructive post