husqvarna 550xp or 550xp

jblackman&sons

560xpg all the way unless your doing a lot of first thinnings and brashing, I run 13" and 18" sugi hara lightweight pro bars on mine with an 8pin sprocket and its the best saw I have run, I very rarely take my 346 or 372 out at all now as I prefer the extra go of the 560 to the 346 and its not far behind the 372 unless your in big timber.

My 560xpg got run over on site last week, took a ballasted and wheel weighted roof mount valmet right over it with both wheels, Its required a new front handle and chain break and a set of clutch springs and its basically good to go again. Not many saws would stand up to that level of hurt. I managed to keep using it for a couple of hours afterwards until the clutch spring gave up.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really a fan of heated handles they're a gimmick, if your hands are cold you're not working hard enough

I have a 346XP and a 560 XP. I didn't get heated grips because I thought they were a gimmick, and most of the time I don't feel that I'm missing out.

However on the few days a year when it's really cold, or those weeks when it rains like the end of the world, I curse myself for not spending the extra few quid. Next time I buy a saw it will have heated grips!

• 3 weeks later...
560 as the 550 is reputed to have bad electrical problems after prolonged use. it also depends on what the use is?

I Wonder who created that "reputation", and for what reason - as there have been no indications that it is true on any of the many saw forums I am on.......:001_rolleyes:

I Wonder who created that "reputation", and for what reason - as there have been no indications that it is true on any of the many saw forums I am on.......:001_rolleyes:

I don't have a 550 but I have not heard this either :001_smile: