4x4 tipper

not for sale sorry

no worries not for sale, just thought I would mention it.

sorry to deviate, but can I ask if you know of anyone who does conversions to tippers?

I've been quoted 3.5 grand for a decent high side one. is that about right?

good luck with the hunt. if that's the blue hilux on ebay, I think its gone. I rang about 3 weeks ago and he said it was sold but had a white one. might be worth a call.

Which extra cab did you get mate?

Any good?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nfu, my insurance company, want an engineers report or something once its done.

that limits my choice I think.

sometimes the small companies or one man band do just as good job.:confused1:

blew most of my budget on a 09 hilux extra cab :001_smile:. ex lease hire.

so far so good, have not used it for work much, no tow ball or tipper/high sides yet.

it does bloody beep when I reverse, got to find the wires for that...

my old hilux has been so good to me, I thought I best stay with them.

no worries not for sale, just thought I would mention it.

sorry to deviate, but can I ask if you know of anyone who does conversions to tippers?

I've been quoted 3.5 grand for a decent high side one. is that about right?

good luck with the hunt. if that's the blue hilux on ebay, I think its gone. I rang about 3 weeks ago and he said it was sold but had a white one. might be worth a call.

That blue HiLux has been on ebay for over a year and he said then it had sold a few weeks ago and got a bit shirty when questioned as to why he still advertised it!!

Boulters in Tadley did my conversion if you are down south. He provides a serial plate and certificate which NFU were happy with. Very well made with huge ram but a little on the heavy side but it will always tip and you wont twist the body.

thanks everyone, glad I didn't buy the blue one by the sound of it!!

that's where I went gensetsteve. I take it you are happy with yours? they did look a good outfit and build quality looked good.

did the tipper add much weight to the pick up?

thanks again.

We've got 2 Hilux tippers from Rob Nash. Air bags make a difference. They pull well and the guys are really happy with them. Not a huge payload, though it's easy to get off road to tip so no real drama. Also it's difficult to overload, which is not the case with virtually any other type of tipper.