Defender TD5 won't start. Any ideas?

Bren.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Steve that's td5 £110 plus vat yes I no there £170 plus vat for disco 4 mate I was thinking half of that mate thanks Jon

Is that how much they charge Jon, we are cheap at half the price and they are not dangling from a tree or holding onto an 880 for dear life!! Remember that next time someone comments at a quote I do!!

Is that how much they charge Jon, we are cheap at half the price and they are not dangling from a tree or holding onto an 880 for dear life!! Remember that next time someone comments at a quote I do!!

HI IAN i no one dealer that charge £170 plus that on DISCO4 but older td5 are £85 but like steve theres other good garages around that charge a lot less and better job thanks jon :thumbup:

On our Td5 there was a large coil of wire (inductive loop) tucked within the steering column that needed to 'see' the key fob before the immobiliser would switch off. Low battery in the fob meant that the loop would not pick up the presence of the fob and therefore the immo stayed on. In one respect it might be considered 'solid state' but it nevertheless it needs an active component (the fob) to make it work.:001_smile:

Normally manufactures put the chip in the key. Is Landrover different?