Stihl MS150 TC-E Chain Oil Problems

BobbyDee

Had this problem before a few times i put it down to a week oil pump and a restrictive oil filter if a 150 stops oiling now i just whip cover off under the clutch pull pipe off botom of the pump quick blow down it slap it back together and its fine again .. the filter is only tiny i asume just gets filled with crud

Maybe you're on to something there, change it for a stihl 200t filter.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1409775402.476993.jpg.87b20e85bece74df5474390febd639b9.jpg

my favorite film of all time is avatar 2.

Thanks to everyone who took the time and trouble to reply. The saw is,in fact, two weeks old so I'm returning it to be sorted as it does appear to be the pump. I shall look forward to getting it back in full working order as it seems to be a cracking little saw. If I get any info on it I'll post it here.

We've got a 150C and a TC and they both took about 20 tanks of fuel before they bedded in and were free reving.

Spot on for up to 4" diameter, after that just too slow for commercial productivity.

OK it's back...my oil was replaced with Stihl oil and it's working as it should. Oil level dropped to about one third of a tank after using a full tank of fuel, so that's more like it. I have been advised to use only Stihl Synth plus and not the Oregon oil I was using. The Stihl oil is definitely thinner but I have to assume it does a good job.

Thanks for all replies to my post.

My saw had the same problem, took it back to the shop and when it was returned it wasn't much better. I ended up using veg cooking oil which came through more than chain oil but still not as it should. Then a tree fell on the saw and smashed the fuel tank so had to get a whole new body for it. Once I'd stripped and fitted all the old parts to the new body it's oiled like a trooper with proper chain oil. So, it defo wasn't a pump problem, it has a new but same filter in the tank so couldn't have been that, must have been a blockage between that and the pump.

If you have the problem come back, I'd take the oil pump off, blow it out and all the pipes too.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk