favourite 6" road tow chipper out of greenmech, timberwolf and jensen

Joe

which is your favourite road tow 6" chipper out of greenmech, timberwolf and jensen?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. which is your favourite road tow 6" chipper out of greenmech, timberwolf and jensen?

• greenmech
    • timberwolf
    • jensen

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It has, and this aint salesman talk (ring me and you know Im not!!!) our jensens get the blades done weekly, the greenmechs once a month (unless shite goes through! lol)

Sorry John if your changing blades on a Jensen once a week you have problems. Ie your lads are putting lots of crap in or you are fitting pattern parts. Bet you dident say that when you were the main dealer for Jensen?!!

What you might find is we dont use any pattern parts, we tried pattern blades once prior to being dealers and had loads of problems, so reverted back to genuine parts. The same lads are feeding all of the chippers, so unless they are just targeting the Jensens the crap theory is wrong! And even with our gandini, t/w and premiers we started a regeim of changing the blades weekly, the grrenmechs just seem to last longer!

as I said earlier, theres not much to beat it! Our lads were against greenmech, they had premier/jensen, now they love the greenmech!

I was the same (how naive of me) greenmech have made a brilliant machine which is why i voted for it.

I've used all three machine models 2007 onwards and they are all brilliant however the build of the timberwolf looks cheap and tacky and the blades are a nightmare to get to, but still is a great chipper.

It was very close between jensen and greenmech, but I think greenmech has the upper because I prefer the colour, thats how close it was.

I got a little 6 inch 24hp TW and love it so tiny yet will fill my transit in 30mins easy. I can get 4 full loads a day done at my max capacity.

official figure is 2.5 tonne per hour quite simple really. based on 4 inch wood so reality of varying size wood 3 tonne per hour more likely.

When you look at the umpteen thousand quid you'll spend on a new chipper' date=' a few hundred in lessons and a trailer driving test is money well spent IMO.

Then you can buy and tow the machine that is the most suitable for your needs without having to compromise.[/quote']

The way I see it is if you go for a 750kg plus machine (and the 190 size is over 1000kg) then you will need a truck bigger than 3.5ton, so you get a 7.5 tonner which requires OL plus all the inspections that go with it plus you will need a yard to store it in plus its a big truck and IMO not suitable as an only vehicle if you just do domestic jobs.

So the cost of upgrading to a 'better' chipper will cost quite a lot more money, then you may aswell just go and buy a 12 inch machine and be done with it :001_smile: