what would you do? new chassis or new Landy?

Matthew Storrs

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

there's a place about 7miles from my work yard between throney and eye they have landy's just stored there they have about 10 galvanized chassis stacked up alloy bodies cherry pickers and quit a few complete land rovers and other parts stat there

We put a galv chassis under my old 110 cost me 3k changed all bushes/mounts clutch shocks springs took 3 of us a week playing could do it in 3days If you didn't mess around

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Oops sent that before id finished! Then theres a new loom and might replace the rear tub, worth it but its a bit of an outlay now for years of enjoying. Oh might treat her to a dashboard[ATTACH]164164[/ATTACH]

Lovely old girl- your bodywork looks tidy too so she'll be mint with a galvanised chassis.

Well, I'd say that's definite unanimous vote:laugh1: I think I sort of knew the answer but when your quite fond of a vehicle its easy to get sidetracked by what you'd like to do and what actually makes business sense. I would reckon on getting someone to do it for me as it'd take me 3 times as long and perhaps more lost money in workless days.

I took the front diff apart the other day and I was amazed at how good it was for a 160k mile truck- you could still see the machining lines on the gears.

I hear richards chassis are good being made out of thicker steel. Can't be bad in a truck that does a lot of towing/loaded.

Cheers for all your inputs:thumbup:

Lovely old girl- your bodywork looks tidy too so she'll be mint with a galvanised chassis.

Well, I'd say that's definite unanimous vote:laugh1: I think I sort of knew the answer but when your quite fond of a vehicle its easy to get sidetracked by what you'd like to do and what actually makes business sense. I would reckon on getting someone to do it for me as it'd take me 3 times as long and perhaps more lost money in workless days.

I took the front diff apart the other day and I was amazed at how good it was for a 160k mile truck- you could still see the machining lines on the gears.

I hear richards chassis are good being made out of thicker steel. Can't be bad in a truck that does a lot of towing/loaded.

Cheers for all your inputs:thumbup:

Ha ha

You need to look at it when it aint plastered in mud, there isn't a straight panel on it, the greedy box is made out of an old ally van body that was lying around my yard

I had to put the tailgate back together last month because ED uses it to bull dose chip with