The Fifty and Above Club....if you're any younger don't even think about posting.

Mick Stockbridge

1 minute ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Yes I didn’t mean it in a medical sense, I have no idea about that.

Just not looking forward to similar interventions on myself.

I spent the last 4 years on the saw with the inboard side ( top and bottom ) of my knee completely worn away . This made my right leg even more bandy than the left !  If you need a knee see if a unicompartmental ( half knee ) will sort it to start with . Its then much easier to put a full knee in after you have trashed that one .

• Thanks 1

Just before they had me in to do the hip they prepped me in a side room. I was basically bollock naked after a spinal and lying down getting the happy juice in through a cannula in the back of a hand. Three nurses heave-hoed me onto my side in readiness for the surgeon to do his bit. It was a very small space prior to being moved into the chop shop and my spare hand was around the arse of one of the nurses who herself was trapped between the trolley and the desk at the side. 

The anesthetist kept on asking how I was doing so he could regulate the happy juice into my veins. From my waist down I was completely numb following the spinal. I tapped the nurses arse and said that while I appreciated the free feel, I was unable to take it any further due to the spinal.

Everyone including the nurse and surgeon just about wet themselves. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

There is something very reassuring about holding a nurse’s hand never mind arse.
Once when I awoke from an anaesthetic a nurse was holding my hand. Really touched me.
Another was when I was getting a prostate biopsy. It is as painful as it sounds and I about squeezed her hand lifeless [emoji31]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, westphalian said:

There is something very reassuring about holding a nurse’s hand never mind arse.
Once when I awoke from an anaesthetic a nurse was holding my hand. Really touched me.
Another was when I was getting a prostate biopsy. It is as painful as it sounds and I about squeezed her hand lifeless emoji31.png

They certainly earn their money and take a lot of shit from us muppets ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baldbloke said:

They certainly earn their money and take a lot of shit from us muppets ?

This literally true . When I was in intensive care the morphine that I was on had made my  shit like concrete . One of two of the prettiest nurses I have ever seen removed the Richards from my backside  with her fingers ( in a glove )  Major big up to all nurses in ITU .  You leave your dignity in the car park and trust in them .

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1