Taking card payments - PCI DSS compliance

Jay

If you aren't taking much on cards a month then the paypal type things are a good idea, but once you start putting over a certain amount per month through them then they become a very expensive way of taking card payments at 2.75%.

One other thing is that I have someone I can contact without push this button push that button if we get problems.

We also take customer not present payments, which I am not sure you can with the paypal type machines., but did notice that if you key in card details manually with paypal they charge 3.4% commision.

With PayPal the rates you get are the worst they can be to start with, if you are putting over £1500 a month through your PayPal account you can get put onto a business rate with a lower percentage

Pcidss compliance if you are a small merchant doesn't take too long but most of it is totally irrelevant

The thing is you have to go through the form and state N/A and give a reason so to something like the network and security section if you are only using a handheld chip and pin machine you can answer N/A to all questions with either no network or no personnel, no wireless access points as the reasons.

My completed questionnaire looks like a bit of a mickey take as most of it is N/A with a 2 or 3 word reason why but it makes me compliant and saves £10 a month for not being

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Did some work for a customer last week when to the door when I had finished to tell them what the bill was as I do normally with that customer, they just asked for my bank account details and went through to another room and when they can back said all done and sure enough when I checked bank account when I was back I'm truck it was there.

So what I am getting at is with modern tec why are we having to pay to get money off customer.

PCI Compliance has got to be one of the biggest backside covering waste of time there is out there!

Every year I go through the same rigmarole with Lloyds with their endless endless pointless questions that are all answered the same.

I now do PCI compliance with Security Metrics https://www.securitymetrics.com/sm/pub/ - cheaper and they are supposed to then tell LLoyds I'm compliant etc. but it's still a fiddle.

I have x3 merchant numbers and there is a different set up for each...

.... but in this world of time wasting, tick sheet ticking, stealth tax collecting world PCI compliance has got to be in the top 3!

:sneaky2::001_rolleyes: