Which pick up

jack88

Sigh,

Styer Daimler Puch "Gaylander" wagen.

120BHP 2.9TDI (the revered Sprinter engine) which "Upsolute" will "tweek" for mair power.

Torque converter automatic gearbox, and 24mpg regardless of duty cycle.

Proper locking diffs front and rear for true 4*4 drive, shift on "the fly" from low to high or visa versa.

And supremely comfortable on the road and off.

A slight appitite for the coil springs on the rear is the only identifable weakness.

Not a rattle, nor a squeak.

keeps the oil in and the water out too.

how are they for parts?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had navara, hi lux and two defenders but stuck with our 09 2.5 rodeo isuzu for longest period and will keep it until it dies. Done 100k, only had a clutch, front pads and set of tyres. Tows every week, used and abused off road, service it often myself for pennies, avg 29 mpg, chipped but with off road biased tyres. Only bad side of effenciency is complete lack of character!

i have a hi lux invincible on loan. nice spec, comfy but is pretty gutless compared to my dmax. only 5 speed rather than 6.

you can feel and sense a difference in quality but its a work tool and the dmax is much better in this sense. (cheaper and better mpg too!!)

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

Hi I had a 2014 hilux invincible 3lt auto on demo, and I am struggling to get 28mpg, which is the only thing putting me off, if getting one and chipping it will get me 33mph then I will def get one

Mine is manual which will be a bit better with fuel and also the original tires! when i put on the BF Goodrich tires for winter the average drops 2-3 MPG

how are they for parts?

Feed the VIN No. into the MB system

"What would you like Sir"

Though the last time I needed a back box for the Exhaust, the MB system came up with some (not unreasonable) statement the since these veh were

(i) 1998 vintage

(ii) Only 30 imported to the Uk

therefore

MB would not undertake to garentee future spares.

When they are gone they are gone, or so I understood.

but

#

BUT

Regardless, in respect of engine, transmission and suspension bite = "bog standard" Merc van/truck stuff.

cheers

M