TW 125 chip blowback

deezyboy

Hi all,

Should probably apologise about all of the questions ive got about the tw 125, im only 21 and only really used greenmechs before with a very limited knowledge on engines etc.

Attached is a pic of my setup, and you can imagine that once the shute is spun round so I am chipping into the landy, it is extremely close to the truck and any sort of leafy chip just gets blown straight out over the sides in to the road etc etc. and it is only the actual 'wood' chip which stays inside the back.

I have only really chipped into the back of a canter or veccy before where they are much further away so haven't had to fix this problem yet.

Having everything blow around not only makes it a bugger to clear up at the end of the day but also as the truck gets more and more full, the chip pile is a lot closer to the spout and a lot more is being through out the side door. It is also constantly covering the Honda petrol engine in leaf matter which cant be doing it much good in my head.

Any ideas on how to fix this please? at the mo I am un hitching and pushing the chipper back a few feet but A) this is a pain in the ass and B) the chipper has no brakes fitted so im relying on a couple logs to stop my chipper from taking off down the road!

Thanks, Ben

chippertruck.jpg.e2db53c9d3f73fed0c5a5c0c2d98f75f.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Daveindales says, you will reduce the amount of debris blown out if you fit a tarpaulin on the top of the body, even better is a small load net that will let the air out but not the leaves etc, a tarp directs all the air and debris back out towards the chipper but it would be better than nothing

Have a look on here:thumbup1:

Load Restraining & Securing - Load Restraining Nets - 2.5m x 2.5m Close Mesh Load Restraining Net - Vehicle Nets, Transport Nets, Safety Nets, Cargo Nets, Sports, Luggage, Elasticated Netting

Thanks guys, never crossed my mind to put a lid of sort on the top :blushing:

Will definitely look in to that, and thanks Ed for the link, will do some online shopping tonight, but not for the £151 which your link wanted, the mrs would kill me!

Cheers!

Well if thats your set up at 21 matey your doing something right :thumbup:

I would cut the ladder rack / crossbar off and weld it slightly higher up . Only because it seems to be in the way of the discharge chute .

Then fit a mesh / skip net underneath the ladder rack to retain all the chip and foliage .

If you put a solid roof on your chip box be prepared for alot of chip dust to be blown back in your face .