Husqvarna 540xp problems

danroker1987

It's was different to a raise in revs that you'd expect from fuel starvation, it was instant and held 2/3 revs with no change until I turned it off.

Thanks for the input though Pete.

My new 560 does this as well sporadically, like its on half choke? Blipping the throttle solves it but it's not an ideal thing to happen especially next to a wire fence just after it's been sharpened.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My new 560 does this as well sporadically, like its on half choke? Blipping the throttle solves it but it's not an ideal thing to happen especially next to a wire fence just after it's been sharpened.

Its the regeneration cycle for the particulate filter ....Oh no thats the D Max :biggrin:

Try wearing your lucky underpants when starting, it may help........there again, it may not:lol:

Still not played with one of these but like most autotunes, if they don't run right and a carb fault is suspected, it is a dealer job. One of the woes of this type of machine.

I'll let you have mine in return for whatever too handle you're using :biggrin:

You can buy the auto tune tool, it has a part no. however you need acess to the Husqvarna web site to up date it, i cant imagine a dealer will give you the log on details( sorry i cant either ) yes it is a fair strip down to get to the pulse tube, it can become diss connected in certain cicumstances. The tool when pluged in will give hours of use, ser no, product no. rpm last time it ran, you can insert the owners name, time used in different modes, there is diagnostics for the throttle sensor, temprature,and fuel valve, you can input the latest software, it knows the carb type and auto tune module no, you just have to input the ignition unit no.. there are fault codes which can come up, finally you can input information about any service work that has been carried out on the saw.

Thanks for the info, I'd would of never believe there was that much info available.

Is the manifold boot stuck to the cylinder with a liquid gasket ?

I took the 'u' shaped clamp of and was going to remove the boot to check it but it didn't want to come away and I didn't want to force it.

No the manifold is not sealed on, it should just be a rubber seal, it may well be well seated, there are four screws and a u shaped plate on one side, the hard part is getting all back together, the carb throttle cable is a real teaser